Brian Roberts interview

wildcard

When Buck went down to our ST headquarters recently to check things out did he meet with BROB? Has anyone seen him lately? The last time we saw him he looked more like a jockey than a player. He will be at FanFest so we should get a good look at him. It would be nice if he could return to form and we are prepared if it doesn't happen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you give me 100/1 odds on him producing a .720+ OPS over 80+ games? I would certainly take those odds. I don't think it is likely, but it isn't impossible.

Sure Murph, I'll give you 100/1. Will you bet $100,000? That's where we are, right? I hope it goes well and I believe we are reasonably well prepared if it does not. It seems improbable however. I do hope that if we get into ST and it is clear that it will not go well, we clear the roster spot and move on.

Because we don't have any other good options?

I think Flaherty gets the majority of playing time at 2nd this year. He may not break camp with them but I think he will be Buck's best option at 2nd when the whole season is considered. Flaherty/Schoop or Schoop/Flaherty is the future for the O's at 2nd IMO.

Sure Murph, I'll give you 100/1. Will you bet $100,000? That's where we are, right? I hope it goes well and I believe we are reasonably well prepared if it does not. It seems improbable however. I do hope that if we get into ST and it is clear that it will not go well, we clear the roster spot and move on.

Hmm, perhaps, but I would need your $10,000,000 held in escrow. :D

I think Flaherty gets the majority of playing time at 2nd this year. He may not break camp with them but I think he will be Buck's best option at 2nd when the whole season is considered. Flaherty/Schoop or Schoop/Flaherty is the future for the O's at 2nd IMO.

I would agree with that. This also depends how BRob responds in ST. If hes consistantly playing without and pain or soreness. I think we see BRob for the majority of 2013.

If BRob is still fragile, I would think Flaherty will be the first man up...also depending on if Schoop will be taking reps at 3B preparing for the Manny move, he may also get a look at 2B.

I am so excited for 2013.

I agree but I'm still not sure either get much time this year at second. Roberts is option A. Casilla is option B. It would take some really bad play really quick for them to go to Flaherty or Schoop.

Archived