ARod Out for 2013?

TonySoprano

As soon as I heard the official off season injury report, surgery and recovery time (back in November), I said, "that's just the company line. Just watch, he'll be out all season".

The Youkilis signing confirmed it for me. I don't think he plays until September and I think the Yankees are planning for such an outcome.

It was mentioned on MLB Network.

Mods feel free to move if necessary, just wanted to let everyone know.

Cashman said in a radio interview, and I am paraphrasing "Alex may miss the entire season due to the hip surgery, we will have to wait and see."

:thumbsup1:

Boo! I want him to be healthy and bad so the Yankees can't get insurance money.

Funnily enough, he was signed to an original contract of 10/252 by Texas before 2001. From 2001-2010, he was worth $242 M.

When he opted out of his original contract before 2008, the Yankees signed him to 10/275. In the first 5 years of that deal, he's been worth $91.9 M. He won't come close to that total over the next 5 years.

So the first contract really wasn't that dumb, the second one was. So I don't think giving 10 years to a 25 year old with the unbelievable talent that ARod had is a bad decision. Giving 10 years to a 32 year old, regardless of talent is. I think Los Angeles is going to find that out in a few years with Albert Pujols as well.

Random thought: Are contracts going to get into the billions one day? That can't be how things work, right? Like the price of things goes up and up and up and up forever? At that rate it will cost a billion dollars for a gallon of milk one day.

Random thought: Are contracts going to get into the billions one day? That can't be how things work, right? Like the price of things goes up and up and up and up forever? At that rate it will cost a billion dollars for a gallon of milk one day.

...I am way to drunk to even attempt to wrap my head around this. Mind blown...

Funnily enough, he was signed to an original contract of 10/252 by Texas before 2001. From 2001-2010, he was worth $242 M.

When he opted out of his original contract before 2008, the Yankees signed him to 10/275. In the first 5 years of that deal, he's been worth $91.9 M. He won't come close to that total over the next 5 years.

So the first contract really wasn't that dumb, the second one was. So I don't think giving 10 years to a 25 year old with the unbelievable talent that ARod had is a bad decision. Giving 10 years to a 32 year old, regardless of talent is. I think Los Angeles is going to find that out in a few years with Albert Pujols as well.

The Pujols deal will go down as one of the worst in sports history, IMO- possibly even worse than A-Fraud's deal if the rumors about Albert's age are true. As for ol' Alex, what do you think the odds are that he earns even half of the $114 million still owed to him? Even a third of it? He's going to be 38 in July, and his skills are already well into their decline. Is it possible that they'll have to release him with a year or two left on his deal if he can't play the field anymore and doesn't hit well enough to DH regularly? I can't see him retiring with that much money left on the table, so it should be fun to watch.

As for billion dollar milk, I wouldn't worry too much about it- someone will press the button long before we get to that point. ;)

Archived