Orioles sign OF Chris Dickerson to minor league deal

Crazysilver03

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember him homering off Tillman last September. I won't hold it against him.

When I first read his name....I thought, there is something about his name that bothers me, then I read this post....oh yea, that's it. :)

I agree it is another good depth signing and gives DD more options to work his roster magic.

I don't think it will at all. I think things have a way of working themselves out and Trayvon will likely be traded or be on our 25 man roster come Opening Day.

You're probably right, but I wonder if we could sneak him down to Norfolk as everyone is setting their rosters at the end of ST.

Duquette, who flew to the Dominican Republic earlier this week to check on players at the academy, sent the following text:

"Chris Dickerson adds OB capability and good defense at all three OF positions to our club."

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/01/orioles-sign-dickerson-to-minor-league-deal.html

Markakis

Jones

Reimold

McLouth

Robinson

Dickerson

Pearce

Avery

Hoes

Ford

Pridie

That's a lot of options.

I hate to be that guy, but I think Chris Dickerson is a better 4th OF than Nate McLouth.

If he is, that's pretty good for the Orioles especially after what McLouth did for us last year. These are the solid little acquisitions that adds deep depth going into spring training. It may end up meaning nothing or Dickerson may find a way to help the O's win a couple more games this year. Either way, it's solid signing especially since he was available for a minor league deal.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/01/orioles-sign-dickerson-to-minor-league-deal.html

Markakis

Jones

Reimold

McLouth

Robinson

Dickerson

Pearce

Avery

Hoes

Ford

Pridie

That's a lot of options.

Yeah, and we really needed a LH option who has enough bat to cover the corners in case McLouth or Markakis goes down. Dickerson is a pretty big upgrade over Pridie (I also think Robinson won't be in the organization come opening day). I don't think the Orioles want Davis out there again.

It's almost at the point that there won't be enough playing time in Norfolk for everybody. I Imagine the O's want Hoes and Avery in there every day because they're still developing players, which means Dickerson is probably the RF - Leaving 1B/DH for Ishikawa, Jackson, Pearce, Ford, and Pridie. I think Ford and Pridie are really going to have to fight to not get pushed off the depth chart completely.

On the other hand, I don't know who our AAA infielders are outside of Flaherty, Valencia, and Navarro, and probably 1-2 of them will be on the ML roster. Who else do we have at 3B/SS/2B? Any chance that Hoes gets a look at 2B again?

Archived