Orioles sign OF Chris Dickerson to minor league deal

Crazysilver03

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/01/orioles-sign-dickerson-to-minor-league-deal.html

Markakis

Jones

Reimold

McLouth

Robinson

Dickerson

Pearce

Avery

Hoes

Ford

Pridie

That's a lot of options.

I forgot about Pridie. I would think some of the MiLBFA have an opt out and/or will be released at end of ST as there isn't enough room in Baltimore and Norfolk for everyone, unless Pearce plays 1B, Ford DH, etc. I would release Ford if that is the case. I might also think a trade is coming.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depth, depth, depth! This was the one of the things that the Orioles had been missing all those years and DD has done a great job making it happen again.

I'll take Chris Dickerson in that capacity. I'd also take Bruce Dickinson in that capacity.:)

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=24424773&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Look like he hit a pretty good pitch (location) from Tillman.

I'm mildly disappointed that we haven't made a significant move to upgrade the 25 man roster. But, I'm very pleased with many of the moves to upgrade our depth both at the ML and AAA levels. Casilla, Navarro, Valencia, Robinson, Ishikawa, Pearce, Dickerson, Ford, Pridie, Braddock, Schlereth, Jurrgens all provide a great deal more and better depth than the team has had in years.

There are still questions like was McLouth's performance for real? Can Reimold, Roberts and (to a lesser extent) Markakis stay healthy for most of a season? Are Gonzalez, Chen and Tillman the real deal? Will a #5 starter step up? But every team has similar questions heading into spring training. I'm excited to learn the answer as the spring and summer unfold.

I'm mildly disappointed that we haven't made a significant move to upgrade the 25 man roster. But, I'm very pleased with many of the moves to upgrade our depth both at the ML and AAA levels. Casilla, Navarro, Valencia, Robinson, Ishikawa, Pearce, Dickerson, Ford, Pridie, Braddock, Schlereth, Jurrgens all provide a great deal more and better depth than the team has had in years.

There are still questions like was McLouth's performance for real? Can Reimold, Roberts and (to a lesser extent) Markakis stay healthy for most of a season? Are Gonzalez, Chen and Tillman the real deal? Will a #5 starter step up? But every team has similar questions heading into spring training. I'm excited to learn the answer as the spring and summer unfold.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It seems that DD is taking the same approach that he took last year, but doing it even better.

This depth is paramount to an organization with potential flaws at the Major League level.

Depth, depth, depth! This was the one of the things that the Orioles had been missing all those years and DD has done a great job making it happen again.

I'll take Chris Dickerson in that capacity. I'd also take Bruce Dickinson in that capacity.:)

Dammit. You beat me to the Bruce Dickinson reference. ;)

Strikes me as a Tolleson-esque signing. A guy who you know can step in and play major-league-caliber ball and contribute to a few wins. Real nice signing.

If we're really lucky, Dickerson will end up more like a "McLouth-esque" signing instead of one that was reminiscent of Tolleson. I didn't think that guy was very good at all.

Wow, that is a lot of outfield depth. It'd be cool to see the O's reopen 2B for Hoes, I'm not sure why he fell out of favor there but with so many OF options its gotta be worth a shot to see if he can at least be average there. Signings like Pridie, Ford, and Greenberg seem like overkill now but I guess I will have a different attitude once injuries happen to whomever they happen to.

Wow, that is a lot of outfield depth. It'd be cool to see the O's reopen 2B for Hoes, I'm not sure why he fell out of favor there but with so many OF options its gotta be worth a shot to see if he can at least be average there. Signings like Pridie, Ford, and Greenberg seem like overkill now but I guess I will have a different attitude once injuries happen to whomever they happen to.

I believe they've long since made the decision that Hoes simply doesn't have the ability to play second base at the major league level. You don't shift a power-deficient middle infielder to an outfield corner if there's any hope of him being a good second baseman.

Archived