Orioles sign OF Chris Dickerson to minor league deal

Crazysilver03

I believe they've long since made the decision that Hoes simply doesn't have the ability to play second base at the major league level. You don't shift a power-deficient middle infielder to an outfield corner if there's any hope of him being a good second baseman.

Yeah, I've always thought it was a real shame that Hoes got moved out of the infield, where the organization doesn't have as much depth, to the outfield, where he's more likely to get lost in the shuffle.

But, if the guy can't play the position, I guess there's not much you can do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I've always thought it was a real shame that Hoes got moved out of the infield, where the organization doesn't have as much depth, to the outfield, where he's more likely to get lost in the shuffle.

But, if the guy can't play the position, I guess there's not much you can do.

He was a high school outfielder of sorts. Who the Orioles decided might make a second baseman. He didn't.

The starting spots are taken. Unless we sign Bourn and lose our 1st round pick. What exactly do you expect them to sign?

Makes me wonder why no one has brought up the fact that the MLPA might file a grievence on behalf of Bourn to have that 1st round pick taken out of the equation. It has obviously hurt his market considerably and I see Bourn having a perfectly good case. I bet the market heats up 10 fold if that happens.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=br&url=%2Fplayers%2Fsplit.cgi%3Fid%3Ddickech01%26year%3DCareer%26t%3Db&div=div_plato"></script>

Reverse Split Career

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+

vs RHP as LHB 189 505 439 118 21 7 11 39 24 4 57 134 .269 .354 .424 .778 186 5 2 5 2 1 5 .361 105

vs LHP as LHB 60 94 79 20 5 0 0 8 3 2 10 23 .253 .344 .316 .661 25 1 2 1 2 0 1 .345 75

vs LH Starter 79 13 105 85 21 26 6 1 1 8 9 1 15 32 .306 .417 .435 .853 37 1 2 2 1 1 1 .472 125

vs RH Starter 179 108 494 433 55 112 20 6 10 39 18 5 52 125 .259 .339 .402 .741 174 5 2 4 3 0 5 .339 95

Makes me wonder why no one has brought up the fact that the MLPA might file a grievence on behalf of Bourn to have that 1st round pick taken out of the equation. It has obviously hurt his market considerably and I see Bourn having a perfectly good case. I bet the market heats up 10 fold if that happens.

How does he have a grievance? He could have taken the qualifying offer. I think he should file a malfeasance action against Scott Boras.

The players agreed to the new CBA. It isn't as if this provision was hidden in the language. He also had the option to accept the qualifying offer.

I also think that as long as he is looking for a five year deal his market isn't going to heat up.

Did not the MLBPA bargain the right of a qualifying offer for the old Type A type B travesty? I thought they wanted it this way.

On what grounds? The union agreed to the compensation rules, it isn't a surprise that it is affecting his market.

That is the Mets that are filing a grievance with the MLB since they should have the 10th pick in the draft and got pushed to pick 11 due to another team not signing their first rounder last year. If they hold their original top 10 pick Bourne would not cost the first rounder. Even with this situation, they will probably lose and have to forfeit the pick.

That is the Mets that are filing a grievance with the MLB since they should have the 10th pick in the draft and got pushed to pick 11 due to another team not signing their first rounder last year. If they hold their original top 10 pick Bourne would not cost the first rounder. Even with this situation, they will probably lose and have to forfeit the pick.

I guess the Mets should have helped Pittsburgh sign their guy. What park of don't pick me did Pittsburgh not understand. Oh wait. That was a Boras thing too. Malfeasance!

So you would rather have less options when injuries inevitably hit us?

Dickerson plays solid defense, has good speed and a little bit of power, and he walks a lot- seems like a very good depth move to me. I wanted a little more OF depth, and DD came through. I dig it.

Disagreeing with one of my posts? Not suprising. You're quickly becoming my real life Skip Bayless. No more responses from me to your comments. It ends here.

Kinda defeats the purpose of being a FA.

Disagreeing with one of my posts? Not suprising. You're quickly becoming my real life Skip Bayless. No more responses from me to your comments. It ends here.

Your post didn't express an opinion as much as it did an ignorance of how baseball works in real life. Getting upset at signing a AAA, 5th OF for the team, who's actually more than capable in that role is as ignorant as it gets.

You sound like you're playing video games where you sign 3 OFs, maybe get a backup in case 1 gets hurt and BOOM, the outfield is taken care of and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Archived