Maryland(15-5) @ FSU(

Munson

Nick Faust is a waste of player. His free throw shooting or lack thereof is just embarrassing. Never been a fan of this guy and never will. He's small time when you need him. Some guys are money guys in the crunch, others can't hit a free throw in the last five minutes of a ball game. Young or not, this team knows how to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

BTW, anyone still think Len is ready for the NBA? Throw a big guy on him and shrivels up like a shrinky dink in an oven. I know I'm not thinking straight right now but I had to stop myself from throwing my remote through the TV so they are going to get it from me now. Screw the young thing, screw the on the road thing, this team is just another non tourney team again as they keep crapping away wins.

On the plus side, we didn't have to watch Pe'shon Howard pretend to be a basketball player. Can his flu last the next two years?

Honestly, at this point, I hope Len goes pro because I'd rather just move on from him.

Imagine how godawful this team would be without Dez Wells. Would not surprise me if he bolts. Now his loss would be a real back breaker.

I actually thought Faust played an ok game, moved well, showed energy, made good decisions with the ball.....but he definitely does not have a big game mentatiltiy, no confidence in himself at the end.

I agree Len is probably not going to the NBA, unless he has a late surge, but I also think we would have won that game if he does not get into early foul trouble. His lack of physical play, is made up by his athleticism...IMO. That missed dunk at the end was a bad placed pass and he still almost got it over another FS player.

I don't have high aspirations for this team in either the ACC our NCAA tourney, but I do think they are improving and if they can find a solid, consistent rotation they will improve on these games they should win.

I think Layman showed what he has tonight, his effort was excellent. I would like to see him continuing to get lots of minutes.

Turgeon needs to explain to everyone why he keeps running Faust out on the floor instead of Allen? I mean seriously. Allen is a better player in just about every way and I can guarantee he doesn't miss all those free throws. Faust does one thing well and that's slash to the basket. however, he should never be in the game late because of his inability to hit s simple free throw.

Len is such a disappointment for me.

Whelp, this is where we are. Gotta find a way to win at least 2 games we're not supposed to down the stretch (one of which has to be Duke). Not impossible, but not very likely. Team played better (I think not forcing minutes for Pe helped a ton), and can hopefully build off of this... but being so young, I just don't think they'll have enough poise when the last 5 or 6 games in late February are "must-wins", to pull it off.

Len is such a disappointment for me.

Whelp, this is where we are. Gotta find a way to win at least 2 games we're not supposed to down the stretch (one of which has to be Duke). Not impossible, but not very likely. Team played better (I think not forcing minutes for Pe helped a ton), and can hopefully build off of this... but being so young, I just don't think they'll have enough poise when the last 5 or 6 games in late February are "must-wins", to pull it off.

They are at least a year away from being a tourney team unfortunately. Len teased us a bit early on but reality has set in a bit with him as he struggled against the bigger more physical players at the upper echelon schools. He really seems to be frustrated on the court because he could have gotten 2 or 3 more fouls while on the offensive side due to throwing elbows.

Wells is money, Layman has promise, Mitchell is going to be very good, and Allen has a chance to be a real scorer if he can get out of Turgeon's doghouse. Now Turgeon just needs to find a good point guard and keep bring in good classes so he can pull one or two gems from each class until we no longer have to see guys like Faust, Pe'shon, and Padgett play in the rotation. The future is still bright, but its not this year. Of course i said the same thing about the Ravens earlier this year. :)

They are at least a year away from being a tourney team unfortunately. Len teased us a bit early on but reality has set in a bit with him as he struggled against the bigger more physical players at the upper echelon schools. He really seems to be frustrated on the court because he could have gotten 2 or 3 more fouls while on the offensive side due to throwing elbows.

Wells is money, Layman has promise, Mitchell is going to be very good, and Allen has a chance to be a real scorer if he can get out of Turgeon's doghouse. Now Turgeon just needs to find a good point guard and keep bring in good classes so he can pull one or two gems from each class until we no longer have to see guys like Faust, Pe'shon, and Padgett play in the rotation. The future is still bright, but its not this year. Of course i said the same thing about the Ravens earlier this year. :)

How do we convince Pe' to give a "this is my last ride" speech? I think the good vibes from that news would take us pretty far. :laughlol:

Good post though. Future is still very bright, but with Wells becoming eligible, I had hoped the Terps would be a little bit better than this. I underrated not having a true PG though. That is a killer. A Kyle Boller at QB type killer.

Nick Faust sucks man. He is such a bad shooter. JUST LOOK AT HOW HE SHOOTS THE BALL. His motion is all weird and ****ed up. He gets rattled, no confidence. Plus he sucks at handling the ball. How was this guy touted so much?

I didn't even see the game but watching the box score and reading the comments I got irate. I saw "Len missed dunk" at the end and I was like wtf (I guess it was a tough alley-oop from the comments). People on extremeskins were saying he could be the #1 overall pick a month ago. You gotta be joking me. He is a pencil that gets bodied by stronger centers.

Anyway, I get more emotional over Terps basketball than anything so sorry for the rant. This is pretty much the only place I know where to talk Terps basketball so see ya later. Need to string together some wins. There is no such thing as a "winnable" game for this team, everything is scratch and claw.

Turgeon needs to explain to everyone why he keeps running Faust out on the floor instead of Allen? I mean seriously. Allen is a better player in just about every way and I can guarantee he doesn't miss all those free throws. Faust does one thing well and that's slash to the basket. however, he should never be in the game late because of his inability to hit s simple free throw.

Aside from the missed FTs, Faust played pretty well last night. He attacked the rim well, and he plays very good defense. And he's definitely improved his 3-pt shot as well, though it's certainly not as good as it was advertised. Now, I agree that all of this does not excuse the missed FTs. He definitely is not a guy I have any confidence in with the game on the line.

Allen does a lot of things well but is in a pretty severe shooting slump. Look at his FG/A the past few games: 2/8, 3/7, 2/12, 1/5, 1/2, 1/6. He takes a lot of 3 pointers early in the shot clock, and lately hasn't been making them. You know that drives Turgeon nuts. He turns the ball over often, and he's not as good defensively.

That is why Faust plays over Allen.

I thought Faust played solid last night, but his shooting does leave something to be desired. Faust finished last year pretty strong, but he just hasn't continued that this year. Wells had a good night shooting, but he has too many turnovers. I'm not thinking NCAA tournament anymore. The NIT wouldn't be the worst thing. At least it would be something to build on for next year.

Aside from the missed FTs, Faust played pretty well last night. He attacked the rim well, and he plays very good defense. And he's definitely improved his 3-pt shot as well, though it's certainly not as good as it was advertised. Now, I agree that all of this does not excuse the missed FTs. He definitely is not a guy I have any confidence in with the game on the line.

Allen does a lot of things well but is in a pretty severe shooting slump. Look at his FG/A the past few games: 2/8, 3/7, 2/12, 1/5, 1/2, 1/6. He takes a lot of 3 pointers early in the shot clock, and lately hasn't been making them. You know that drives Turgeon nuts. He turns the ball over often, and he's not as good defensively.

That is why Faust plays over Allen.

Faust is a bit better as a defensive player but he and Allen are very similar ball handlers (neither are very good). My biggest problem with Faust, besides his poor free throw shooting is that his shooting his truly awful for a shooting guard. He's putting up a .367 FG%, .704 FT%, .308 3PT %. Allen is a bit better in all regards .394/.742/.329 as a shooter and I bet if you took away the layups from Faust he's be shooting around 30% from the field. Grant it Allen is in a slump a bit, but that might also be partly because of his inconsistent minutes. Besides, Faust is not exactly lighting it up of late either. Over his last five games he's shooting .326 (14-43), .357 (5-14) 3Pt, and .500 (5-10) from the free throw line while putting up a terrible 11-13 Assist to turnover ratio. Heck, maybe Aronhalt should be getting more of Faust's minutes. At least he can score even if he doesn't move well enough to be a very good defender.

Archived