Potential Orioles/Ravens schedule issue

SteveA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a CEO would respect and like that one of his employees is keeping a prior commitment with a fellow employee (supervisor) to talk business.

And, now some people are suggesting that MLB should inconvenience not 2, but 3 teams (Indians, O's, and White Sox) in 2 separate cities just for 1 NFL game? Sure, why not? Maybe MLB could make the Indians/O's game on that Tuesday a double-header, make the O's and Sox play doubleheaders on Saturday and Sunday and thereby give the NFL and the media 3 whole days (W/T/F) in Baltimore to talk all football.

I've never met that CEO.

You don't get to go to the game, because there isn't one. Because the Ravens aren't allowed to schedule a game when the Orioles have a game scheduled. I'm not saying that the Orioles aren't going to accommodate the Ravens, but the idea that they have to because the NFL is more popular is stupid. And when they do it will be the Orioles doing the Ravens a favor.

Ok, I got your point now.

I think if it was any other game other than the Ravens ring ceremony than I would probably be fine with the Orioles holding their ground. They would just be hurting their own fan base if they didn't do something to accommodate.

This is the kickoff to the NFL season. The NFL celebrates the Super Bowl Champions with a home game on Thursday to start the season. Furthermore, it's going to be a huge game with the Ravens playing either the Pats, Steelers or maybe even the Packers of Vikings. During the owners meetings in March, they'll announce the opponent. It will happen on Sept. 5. Murph, you're just wrong about this.

We've made contact with the Orioles," Ravens team president Dick Cass said. "We recognize the issue. We are confident we can work it out with the Orioles."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-we-are-confident-we-can-work-it-out-with-the-orioles-ravens-team-president-on-sept-5-scheduling-conf-20130207,0,3448714.story

We've made contact with the Orioles," Ravens team president Dick Cass said. "We recognize the issue. We are confident we can work it out with the Orioles."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-we-are-confident-we-can-work-it-out-with-the-orioles-ravens-team-president-on-sept-5-scheduling-conf-20130207,0,3448714.story

Translation... "we know they'll be good enough to re-arrange their plans for us."

Translation... "we know they'll be good enough to re-arrange their plans for us."

It's not just the Orioles. There is another team being impacted by this too. So it's really up to the MLB to make something happen, not just the Orioles.

I just hope someone is out there really trying to figure out how to play both games in the same day.

The biggest problem is the shared parking. It's going to be hard to get a guy from not parking in a space already bought for by a Ravens season ticket holder. If they can figure out a solution to the parking problem, this really would be a fun event for the city of Baltimore, especially if the O's are in a pennant race again.

Add SHOW YOUR RAVENS TICKET and get into the O's game for $4 or $8 (like Buckle Up nights) and you get win-win! Reed sing's the National Anthem and Ray dances!

It's not just the Orioles. There is another team being impacted by this too. So it's really up to the MLB to make something happen, not just the Orioles.

I just hope someone is out there really trying to figure out how to play both games in the same day.

In fact, there would be 4 teams effected by moving this game. The White Sox and Orioles game starts at 7 pm on Thursday. The WS are at NYY on Wed at 7 pm, while the Orioles are at Cleveland on Wed at 7 pm local time. If the Thursday game were to be moved to 12 noon, then the two games the night before would have to be moved up as well.

The Orioles play everyday from Monday August 26th until Tuesday September 16th, granted they do have M 8/5, R 8/8, R 8/15, and 8/22 off in August as well. They get the Yankees for 7 games during that three week stretch, as well as Boston, Toronto, Cleveland, and White Sox.

I would almost thing a double header on the Saturday might be preferred to allow for an extra off-day in the middle of that stretch at the end of the season. Not to mention that attendance would probably be higher for that game than on one of the first school days back.

I'll second the idea of a cross promotion between the two teams. They share a parking lot, so it makes perfect sense.

Move the O's game to 12:30. You figure you'll have 70,000 fans going to the Ravens game that evening. Anyone with a Ravens ticket gets a discount on the O's game (maybe half price on all seats?). Have a Ravens player (preferably Flacco, Lewis, Rice or Harbaugh) throw out the first pitch. It will help put extra fans in the seats for the O's game, and help get primo parking for those fans going to the Ravens game. Then, when the O's game is over around 4:00, those fans will have a good 3-4 hours to tailgate before the Ravens game.

An O's-Ravens doubleheader. It makes too much sense not to do.

I am sorry but I don't care if they're Super Bowl Champions.

Here's my solution: Move the Ravens game back to Wednesday. People will enjoy this. The season will begin a day sooner.

The opening game is scheduled for Thursday night. It is not moving period. The Orioles game is not even close as important in the whole scheme of things.

The opening game is scheduled for Thursday night. It is not moving period. The Orioles game is not even close as important in the whole scheme of things.

Any update on this - Cathy and I are planning on a road trip. Davis and Norris are discussing it this morning.

Archived