Orioles Claim Todd Redmond

clapdiddy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is interesting and in my mind, at least partially explains why he hasn't gotten more looks in the Majors than he has since his statistics do not exactly jive with what you see when watching him pitch. Like others have said, a lot like Steve Johnson in that regard. The question for him will be the same as it is for Johnson - can he have success with the his fastball over the long term or will Major League hitters eventually catch onto his "invisiball"? Regardless, looks like a good pickup. His minor league stats are very good for a 27 year old who has only ever gotten one shot with a Major League team.

Great pickup. I wondered who was going to claim him. Surprised he made it as far down as to us in the order, figured Houston would claim him. This evens out the Simon claim. I would hope the JJ deal is still happening as well.

I wonder how the industry feels about Baltimore claiming so many players this past season and off-season: Exposito, Pearce, Canzler, Martin, etc.

He has one option left. Optioned in 2009 and 2012. He was optioned in 2010 but was outrighted after 10 days so that one does not count. Not on the major league roster in 2011.

My question is who goes? Forty man is full. My guess in Trayvon Robinson is DFA and passes through. Outrighted to Norfolk.

If we DFA Trayvon then what was the point of trading Andino???

Because Andino was going to be non-tendered anyway so why not try and get something for him. Robinson was out of options and most likely would be DFA'ed at the end of ST anyway.

Right, but we essentially got nothing for him if Trayvon is picked up....so why not just release Andino, would have essentially been the same thing. If we were trying to get something for Andino why not trade him for a guy with options?

Because Trayvon should clear and you have a nice little backup CF in AAA. And because you don't know what you will acquire as the offseason progresses, but credit to DD for not being afraid to DFA players he's acquired.

Perspective with these things is a must, y'all.

Heck, if Travyon clears, than Norfolk is even more packed. I think we have to cut some players lose during ST to trim the rosters down.

Because Trayvon should clear and you have a nice little backup CF in AAA. And because you don't know what you will acquire as the offseason progresses, but credit to DD for not being afraid to DFA players he's acquired.

Perspective with these things is a must, y'all.

Will he clear? I seriously do not know...I imagine a franchise like Houston could use him?

If we DFA Trayvon then what was the point of trading Andino???

Trayvon probably passes through waivers. If not the O's picked up Chris Dickerson who carries a better OBP and Hoes has a better OBP also. Roch has been saying for a while that Trayvon's spot on the roster was in jeopardy.

Right, but we essentially got nothing for him if Trayvon is picked up....so why not just release Andino, would have essentially been the same thing. If we were trying to get something for Andino why not trade him for a guy with options?

If we release Andino, then you definitely get nothing for him. You trade Andino and you get Robinson. A player with options has more value and it also depends at the time of the off-season that it occurs. Robinson is a casualty of adding other guys to the roster, it happens. A healthy Reimold and with McLouth on the roster there wasn't as big of a need for Robinson. It also probably helps that we signed Dickerson to a minor league deal and have him in Norfolk if need be.

Archived