Josh Hamilton Shows Up Early 25 lbs Lighter

section18

The Angels typically have good pitching and that's in 166 plate appearances, a small sample size. His line going forward there is more likely to be in line with his overall career averages than his previous performance at Angels Stadium (though with deductions for age-related decline and possibly playing fewer games in Arlington).

Yeah I thought about that, and while their pitching is good, I would think that it's at least in part due to their home park.

Last season for instance:

Home: 3.44

Away: 4.62

Previous seasons weren't much different.

That said, I don't think he will be anywhere near that slash line, just that we will probably see a dip in his numbers. As you say he won't be in Arlington where he seems to benefit and aging of course.

Just something interesting to keep an eye on I guess. I'm not bashing, I like Hamilton, just not hitting against the O's. Of course, he always hits well against the Orioles...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
I dont see anything wrong with this. Most MLB players lose about 20lbs during the season.

Where are you getting this from?

You can't just lose 25 pounds in a few months without at least a quarter of it being muscle. Not surprised he is struggling and HGH testing could very well be the culprit. It's not easy being lean and muscular without being on something.

Where are you getting this from?

You can't just lose 25 pounds in a few months without at least a quarter of it being muscle. Not surprised he is struggling and HGH testing could very well be the culprit. It's not easy being lean and muscular without being on something.

He is in the MLB drug testing program list because of his drugs of abuse. I am uncertain if a positive test is a lifetime ban for him or not.

I love his logic. He usually starts the season at about 245 and just naturally loses weight as the season goes on and feels weaker. So, he's gonna start at the lower weight where he felt weak before, and try to maintain it for the season. Trout has one of the greatest seasons's in the game's history and decides it would be a good idea to put on 20 pounds. Phew!

Trout wore down a bit toward the end of the season and he probably thought the extra weight would help. Or he figured he needed to more of a HR/RBI guy after not winning the MVP.

I don't understand the concept of putting on weight during the offseason so you can lose it during the season. To me the better approach would be on concentrating efforts on maintaining your ideal playing weight throughout the season.

Trout wore down a bit toward the end of the season and he probably thought the extra weight would help. Or he figured he needed to more of a HR/RBI guy after not winning the MVP.

I don't understand the concept of putting on weight during the offseason so you can lose it during the season. To me the better approach would be on concentrating efforts on maintaining your ideal playing weight throughout the season.

:noidea: I put on weight EVERY off season. And I've been perfectly capable of maintaining my ideal MLB 2K13 playing condition.

Although playing through high school I also tended to lose a little weight through the baseball season simply because I didn't work out as hard as I did during the summer (played soccer & basketball so was always more running than weight training during those.)

Yeah hi I just wanted to say how excited I am that this self-righteous piece of **** hypocrite is now terrible at baseball and how the only things that would make me even happier about this are the following:

1. Every dope who wanted to sign him admits that that was a stupid idea (hint: the same people complaining we didn't magically identify a "TOR starter and middle-of-the-order bat" in the offseason to avert this currently 5-game losing streak)

2. He sucks forever

3. Texas wins the division and has a 40 game lead over the Angels

4. The Angels somehow trade him for Vernon Wells and then Vernon Wells hits .100 and then Hamilton hits .020 for the Yankees and the Angels and the Yankees both go 0-60 and Yankee Stadium is paved over for parking space and then Hank Steinbrenner is attacked by a bear and put in critical condition and he wakes up and he has a life-realization and goes to work for the Red Sox and demands they sign Kevin Gregg to a 10-year deal and Gregg gives up two grand slams to Chris Snyder in the same inning which sends the Orioles to the playoffs in a miraculous game 162 and the Orioles win the World Series and Josh Hamilton was found to have bet against the Orioles in the World Series so he's banned for life and has to take a job at a factory in China and the factory makes Chris Davis bobblehead dolls and every time you bob the bobblehead it replays a clip of Mike Bordick saying "It sure does"

Archived