Reimold: The Look in His Eye

srock

12th OPS at C - but I'd be shocked if Wieters doesn't put up better numbers this year than he did last year, given his age, career trajectory, and spring training numbers. I think we're sort of counting on him being better, if we expect to get back to the playoffs this year.

Wieters is 27 this year, and has 1826 PAs of a .749. In three of his four seasons he's been between .753 and .778. I think it would be less than shocking if he put up, say, a .765.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Roch:

Nolan Reimold provided a nice reminder yesterday that he has sick power. The wind was blowing out to left field, as usual, but he didn't need its assistance.

His two home runs came on balls that were absolutely crushed. My ears are still ringing from the sound that came off his bat.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/03/this-that-and-the-other-49.html

• 2 weeks later...

It's only one game.

But, just like you'd rather have your team start the season off at 1-0 instead of 0-1, it's also nice to see an individual player start the season with one good game instead of a bad one, albeit it isn't even 1 percent of the season for a starting position player. :)

As Mr. Firestone pointed out in his thread, Reimold is off to a solid, albeit quiet start.

And from the little that I know about Reimold (OK, VERY little :o), as long as he's healthy and in the starting lineup, the relatively low profile is just fine with him. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
So much for most pitches seen per plate appearance. Two pitches seen tonight. A nice homer to LCF and a lineout to the SS. Sometimes the first pitch is the best one you see.

Yep and sometimes you need to change it up or they will just groove you a fastball and start you 0-1 every at bat.

Archived