Duquette says he was hoping to have JairJurrgens signed Thursday (Minor League Deal Signed)

Greg

I'm glad you chimed in.

I cannot imagine why you would want to pitch with a TKR (total knee replacement). They only last 15 years at most if not abused. A revision of a TKR is even worse. He is too young for a TKR voluntarily. I would imagine they would exhaust the PRP (plasma option) first. In fact if it is that bad I am surprised it isn't been done yet. I have had some patients who have had great success to date.

Thanks Dr.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had Britt on the radio and said something on the physical has come back real bad and DD is trying to reduce the guaranteed money.
So they lose less when he can't play?

If the medicals are real bad then why sign him at all?

It doesn't sound like something that will "get better".

Time to cut bait on this deal.

Something has come back real bad?

Why would they bother signing him at all?

I don't understand why they haven't announced they are moving on.

He should go ahead and pitch in the WBC show all the teams where he is at.

This seems like a decent idea, but say he pitches well, there's no guarantee the knee doesn't blow up a month later. I say we move on period. Clearly, there are issues with the knee that are causing them to question the original terms.

I don't understand why they haven't announced they are moving on.

This seems like a decent idea, but say he pitches well, there's no guarantee the knee doesn't blow up a month later. I say we move on period. Clearly, there are issues with the knee that are causing them to question the original terms.

I think Dan bodied up big on Boras after the physical. It's up to them to move on. Dan has his deal in mind.

Worked out pretty well in the end.

Assuming the kid can still walk:) Reminds me of when Syd "I have lost my marbles" Thrift traded for Trinidad Hubbard and some pitcher that never even saw a game. The Braves can evaluate talent and don't make mistakes, this will be no different. Book it.

Assuming the kid can still walk:) Reminds me of when Syd "I have lost my marbles" Thrift traded for Trinidad Hubbard and some pitcher that never even saw a game. The Braves can evaluate talent and don't make mistakes, this will be no different. Book it.

Ahhh Syd. Remember when he checked with the Blue Jays about their willingness to deal Shawn Green? They had to inform him that Green had been with the Dodgers for two years.

Ahhh Syd. Remember when he checked with the Blue Jays about their willingness to deal Shawn Green? They had to inform him that Green had been with the Dodgers for two years.

LOL-he was fully present during this tenure with the O's. I have never seen teams line up to trade with us like that moment. Syd Thrift's tenure set us back a very long time. It's a shame because he had a good career prior to his time here.

Archived