Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like this lineup. I love Nick cleanup, but I like Bucks thinking that Reimold/McLouth/Roberts at 7/8/9 is a little soft. McLouth is fast enough to hit leadoff, slide Wieters down vs the righty, and Hardy as a #7 hitter is pretty dangerous. Really like what Buck is doing these first two games.

I'm not huge on Nick batting third - would rather him 1st or 2nd, but it's no biggie really. I would have thought maybe Nate 2nd, but then you kind of kill his speed factor if someone's on base in front of him.

Buck certainly knows the buttons to push, so I'm eager to see how this works out. Nate certainly did fine in the leadoff spot while Nick was out last year. Fun to have both in the lineup now.

This should give Jones, Davis and Wieters a lot more RBI opportunities than last year if this lineup continues.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. D-RAYS, 4/04)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Ryan Flaherty - DH

Brian Roberts - 2B

Miguel Gonzalez - LHP (9-4, 3.25 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER:

Roberto Hernandez - RHP (0-3, 7.53 ERA) O (Cleveland Indians)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php?d=4/4/2013

Gotta be honest, this is a little annoying for me. I thought we were done with the days of Nick hitting 3rd and I thought Buck realized, like us, that Nick is best suited at leadoff or #2. I know it's nit-picky, I just don't see how that's our best top-third of the lineup at all. I'm fine with Nate leading off, but then put Nick #2.

Buck doesn't hit lefties back to back. Not today, since Flaherty is getting the nod at DH, but I would greatly prefer Reimold hitting second to Machado. Machado obviously has a ton of potential, but Reimold is a better hitter today.

Gotta be honest, this is a little annoying for me. I thought we were done with the days of Nick hitting 3rd and I thought Buck realized, like us, that Nick is best suited at leadoff or #2. I know it's nit-picky, I just don't see how that's our best top-third of the lineup at all. I'm fine with Nate leading off, but then put Nick #2.

Hopefully, Nate will lead the game off with a home run, which always eases everyone's concerns about that day's particular lineup.

Bite your tongue....2 left handers can't hit back to back...BLASPHEMY!! :D

Archived