Could Zach Clark be this year's Miguel Gonzalez?

RichmondVA Orio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch, Zach. I have you as one of my 2 sleepers for the Orioles in 2013 (the other is Rick Zagone.)

The only saving graces are that you had 0 walks and 7 strikeouts, and 2 of the runs that you allowed were unearned.

ZACH CLARK O(vs. AAA-Durham, 4/05) O (Opening Day)

IP:O 4.33

H:o. 9

R:O. 6

ER:) 4

BB:. 0

SO:. 7

Pitches: 71 (52 Strikes, 19 Balls)

2013 ERA: 8.31 (AAA)

OFFNY, was this a home or away start for Zach?

I'm wondering if Zach pitching in Harbor Park 1/3 of the year having a lot to do with his numbers last year.

I really think the O's should replicate the dimensions of OPACY in Norfolk. This would make for easier interpretation of AAA players ability to translate their skills to playing in Baltimore. I know, the wind patterns cannot be replicated, but at least control what you can. If a pitcher knows he can keep the ball up and get a bunch of flyball outs @ Harbor Park, they may have to completely change the way they attack hitters when they get to Baltimore.

OFFNY, was this a home or away start for Zach?

I'm wondering if Zach pitching in Harbor Park 1/3 of the year having a lot to do with his numbers last year.

I really think the O's should replicate the dimensions of OPACY in Norfolk. This would make for easier interpretation of AAA players ability to translate their skills to playing in Baltimore. I know, the wind patterns cannot be replicated, but at least control what you can. If a pitcher knows he can keep the ball up and get a bunch of flyball outs @ Harbor Park, they may have to completely change the way they attack hitters when they get to Baltimore.

It was an away game, at Gwinnett City.

• 2 weeks later...
Zach, you're here !!! :)

I'd like him to get a shot, but I'm conflicted. Probably the same way the organization is about him. I'm not sure he is anyting more than a AAAA pitcher.

Maybe we go through all the fifth starter candidates and he gets a shot?

I'd like him to get a shot, but I'm conflicted. Probably the same way the organization is about him. I'm not sure he is anything more than a AAAA pitcher.

Maybe we go through all the fifth starter candidates and he gets a shot?

As much as I like Zach, I think that ideally he would have been better off having 3 or 4 more starts at AAA. His last game was the first one this season that was a great game, the first one since he finished last year on a tear, when he thew a complete-game shutout in his last outing, and gave up only 6 earned runs in his 35 innings at AAA.

ZACH'S 2012 THREAD, WITH ALL OF HIS PITCHING LINES:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/124219-Zach-Clark-Tonight?highlight=Zach+Clark%2C+2012

I would rather have us "protect" him for a while longer down at AAA so that he could continue gaining confidence down there, but you go up when the team calls you, not necessarily when it's ideal for you to be called up.

Real happy for Zach. For years he always epitomized the 'organizational pitcher' to me and I often wondered why we kept him around year after year. I'm sure glad we did though, His hard work and determination to beat the odds has paid off

Archived