Manny Ramirez Expected to Sign with a Taiwanese Team

OFFNY

I think this is really cool. I used to hate Manny when he was with the Red Sox, but he grew on me, especially when he went to LA. I admire when guys like him and Rickey Henderson play in lower leagues past their expiration date.

In a way I find stuff like this more dignified (and probably more fullfilling) than desperately kicking around in the minors for another unlikey shot at the majors. Just my opinion though.

In a way I find stuff like this more dignified (and probably more fullfilling) than desperately kicking around in the minors for another unlikey shot at the majors. Just my opinion though.

I used to work with a guy who played college basketball and then spent a year or two playing in Norway. I also follow guys from George Mason's program and they are all over Europe and Asia. I think that's such an incredible opprotunity.

Didn't Allen Iverson play for a year in two on Mainland China?

European soccer players do this quite often, many of them like to play here in the MLS for there last couple seasons.

Others play in the Emirates or something because some King wants a trophy footballer.

Its certainly good for the lower leagues, brings in some money, gives them a shot to grow there business.

Archived