Urrutia has made it to the US

MurphDogg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this point has been made in the thread already, but it was interest to hear from DD that the O's haven't paid Urrutia a penny yet. There was some discussion that the O's may have screwed up by signing Urrutia to that contract if he couldn't make it to the US. It was strongly implied that the O's were stupid for giving him money if he couldn't get into the US. Nice to hear that the contract was sensibly structured so that the player didn't get a penny until he reported to the O's.

Not sure if this point has been made in the thread already, but it was interest to hear from DD that the O's haven't paid Urrutia a penny yet. There was some discussion that the O's may have screwed up by signing Urrutia to that contract if he couldn't make it to the US. It was strongly implied that the O's were stupid for giving him money if he couldn't get into the US. Nice to hear that the contract was sensibly structured so that the player didn't get a penny until he reported to the O's.

A lot of folks want to believe that we are still the foolish Os of the last decade and a half. We're not.

I'm glad the Orioles are finally picking players up like this guy and I'm excited to see him play. I know that he's being viewed as a 4th outfielder by some but we may have gotten lucky with him if he becomes a regular.

Weams thinks it is no harm no foul since the O's ended up not signing him.

Well maybe not, but it certainly shows some "interesting" decision making. Certainly enough to not grant this FO papal infallibility quite yet.

It's a good point and bares noting, but DD has distinguished himself from the previous administration in a very short time frame.

Eh.

I gotta to be honest, I think MacPhail did a pretty good job here. I mean that team that won last year, was largely his team.

That said, I think DD juggled the pieces and displayed an aggressiveness that AM lacked that ultimately put us over the top.

But life is ying and yang man. DD has some good qualities that AM doesn't, but he also has some bad ones. And the Korean fiasco imo is a prime example.

Eh.

I gotta to be honest, I think MacPhail did a pretty good job here. I mean that team that won last year, was largely his team.

That said, I think DD juggled the pieces and displayed an aggressiveness that AM lacked that ultimately put us over the top.

But life is ying and yang man. DD has some good qualities that AM doesn't, but he also has some bad ones. And the Korean fiasco imo is a prime example.

That's what I was referring to especially in SA. AM made some good trades but lacked DD's aggressive style. The 'fiasco' as you said may have just been a result of him being out of the game for a while so benefit of the doubt there, but no it didn't look very good.

That's what I was referring to especially in SA. AM made some good trades but lacked DD's aggressive style. The 'fiasco' as you said may have just been a result of him being out of the game for a while so benefit of the doubt there, but no it didn't look very good.

Agreed. And I gladly give him a mulligan.

"Nice catch. Don't ever f------ do it again."

Archived