Indians slashing prices

Dr. Unk

The ultimate cure for lack of attendance, unless your Tampa Bay, is winning. You can cut prices and costs all you want, but if the team isn't winning people aren't going to feel as inclined to come out. If the Indians start winning, people will come out.

Cheap alcohol is the one thing short of winning that could make fans come out, especially if you're a drinking city. It may not bring them out like winning would do, but it would bring them out.

When the weather is nice, what would you rather do -- sit inside some bar and drink $4 beers? Or sit under a clear sky and watch baseball, no matter how bad it may be, and drink $4 beers? I know where I would be.

Cheap alcohol is the one thing short of winning that could make fans come out, especially if you're a drinking city. It may not bring them out like winning would do, but it would bring them out.

When the weather is nice, what would you rather do -- sit inside some bar and drink $4 beers? Or sit under a clear sky and watch baseball, no matter how bad it may be, and drink $4 beers? I know where I would be.

43 cent beer night?

[video=youtube;SFMdmCEjl-M]

Actually, most bars near a ballpark (or during games if not by a ballpark, even) will have specials on beer for less than $4.00, and it probably is the same brand that's being sold at the park.

If memory serves, the Angels do some great prices on things in certain areas of the park or certain games, and it's prices cut all across the board on everything.

IMO, $4.00 for a beer still isn't that great a price for something like Bud.

Actually, most bars near a ballpark (or during games if not by a ballpark, even) will have specials on beer for less than $4.00, and it probably is the same brand that's being sold at the park.

If memory serves, the Angels do some great prices on things in certain areas of the park or certain games, and it's prices cut all across the board on everything.

I agree, but these are also 16 oz beers (I believe) which is on average with most bars in Baltimore.

I agree, but these are also 16 oz beers (I believe) which is on average with most bars in Baltimore.

I'm surprised they have beers that big there in Cleveland. Most are around the 12-14 oz. range at a ball game. In thinking about it, though, I shouldn't talk, because I'm usually getting some Boog's and a Natty Boh at the park when I'm there, and that's definitely a fair amount of money!

.o

INDIANS SLASHING PRICES

O

[video=youtube;Fg6iFTfqKo0]

Crazy Eddie. Remember his commercials well. The guy in the ads is actually Jerry Carroll, a NYC deejay at the time.

The real "Eddie", Eddie Antar, was brought up on fraud charges and fled the country to Israel. He had skimmed millions off the company books. He returned to the US, was tried and eventually sentenced to 8 years in prison but wound up serving only 2+ years in addition to paying some hefty fines.

And considering that recent law suits have been filed against Budweiser for allegedly watering down it's beer, it's definitely not worth $4.

According to Bloomberg, suits have been filed in Philadelphia, San Francisco, New Jersey, Ohio and Colorado alleging that A-B InBev regularly adds extra water to its finished beers to knock down their alcohol volume below stated amounts.

Archived