Indians slashing prices

Dr. Unk

I've said it since they re-introduced Boh at the Yard. $5 boh drafts would be a fair price while still maintaining ridiculous profit margins. To charge the same for Natty Boh as the big brands, and to have craft only be a dollar or so more than Boh is silly. I like Boh enough, but I can't imagine going out of my way to pay $7.75 for a draft of Boh. It's insane.

Crazy Eddie. Remember his commercials well. The guy in the ads is actually Jerry Carroll, a NYC deejay at the time.

The real "Eddie", Eddie Antar, was brought up on fraud charges and fled the country to Israel. He had skimmed millions off the company books. He returned to the US, was tried and eventually sentenced to 8 years in prison but wound up serving only 2+ years in addition to paying some hefty fines.

And when he got out of prison, he revived his "Crazy Eddie" business on line for 3 years from 2001-2004, with Carroll again doing his comeback advertisement.

Would be nice if the O's filed suit. Cutting prices on concessions to boost ticket sales. Hooray for $4 ballpark beers!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/indians-slash-concession-stand-prices-will-offer-4-beer/

I don't usually do this, but you mean "followed suit." Filed suit means something very different. ;)

Unless he wants the Orioles to sue the Indians to force them to keep their concession prices high.

There's a good reason that beer prices are high at events beyond just the ability to make as much money as possible. If prices are too low, people drink too much, act like idiots and drive drunk causing accidents.

That's an interesting take I'd never thought of. I wonder if they actually do price beer on some kind of curve that considers both profit and drunken chaos. I would imagine they try to price things so that there are a few belligerant drunks who've purchased a lot of beer every game, but not too many.

And considering that recent law suits have been filed against Budweiser for allegedly watering down it's beer, it's definitely not worth $4.

According to Bloomberg, suits have been filed in Philadelphia, San Francisco, New Jersey, Ohio and Colorado alleging that A-B InBev regularly adds extra water to its finished beers to knock down their alcohol volume below stated amounts.

How would you tell?

Archived