Poor Coach K... Poor Duke...

Jagwar

I am not a fan of it during the regular season at all.

Act like you have been there before, even if you haven't.

They are college kids. They are only going to be there 4 years, and they will always remember the time they ran on the court after a big win. Let them have their fun.

They are college kids. They are only going to be there 4 years, and they will always remember the time they ran on the court after a big win. Let them have their fun.

Would be nice if the program advanced to the point where a regular season win wasn't a "big win".

I'm guessing this was a considered remark by Coach K, not just something he said angrily in the heat of the moment. Truth is, the opponents' fans storm the court 80-90% of the time that Duke loses a road game, so they are at risk more than most teams. Sorry, but that's the truth.

I'm guessing this was a considered remark by Coach K, not just something he said angrily in the heat of the moment. Truth is, the opponents' fans storm the court 80-90% of the time that Duke loses a road game, so they are at risk more than most teams. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Yeah? So?

Honestly I wish they were coming to Comcast next year just to watch the student section go after rat face. I imagine something along the lines of the Jaws music off and on all game. Of course cants of "we are storming the court" at every time out. I am an old fart and think it would be just great.

I am not a fan of it during the regular season at all.

You must not follow college basketball. Courts will never be stormed in the postseason.

I don't think the average 6'6'' 220 pound basketball player is too worried about a bunch of 5'10'' 150 pound kids storming the court. I'd be more worried about the students themselves. Mason Plumblee isn't going to be knocked down some students. Coach K is tired of it because he has to deal with it every time he loses.

Honestly I wish they were coming to Comcast next year just to watch the student section go after rat face. I imagine something along the lines of the Jaws music off and on all game. Of course cants of "we are storming the court" at every time out. I am an old fart and think it would be just great.

They still may. It will be interesting when they release the schedule. Although, my guess is MD plays 1 game with Duke, UNC, and NC State, and they will all be on the road. Their home games will probably be against BC, UVA, Cuse, Pitt, Clemson, GT, Fl State, VT, and Notre Dame. The ACC will call this all coincidence, but we will know better.

My dream is for MD to win the ACC tournament next year and just walk away with the trophy. Maybe Gary Williams can come out with the AD after the team accepts the trophy and go on a profanity laced tirade about how the ACC always screwed the team from "Alaska" and MD is just screwing them back.

Archived