More problems for the Yankees.

joe42

The Yankees really are taking it on the chin, injury-wise. If they do make the playoffs this year, we will never hear the end of it.

Yeah, but fortunately for them, the rest of their team is young and sturdy, and squarely in the middle of their physical primes. It's not like they have guys in their mid to late 30s(or older) starting at SS, 3B, RF and occupying 2/5 of their rotation and the closer's role.

:rofl:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees really are taking it on the chin, injury-wise. If they do make the playoffs this year, we will never hear the end of it.

The hell with that. They didn't have any regrets about beating us in the playoffs without Markakis -- after they caused the injury.

I would love to see the empty seats in September if the Yankees put together a 70-ish win season, and I think that's a distinct possibility.

Tex is secretly still an O's fan. He knew that if he signed a market value deal with the O's it would cripple the franchise with his albatross of a contract.
Were you first clued in when he did the interview about how he is wildly overpaid & can never live up to the contract he signed? It all makes sense now.

C.C. Kuroda. Andy. Nova. Hughes

They still have pretty good pitching. DONT COUNT THEM OUT.

Yeah, they're still a good team, no doubt. And it's not like Tex and Granderson are out for the whole season. That said, their offensive depth is paper thin and they have very little margin for error. They're still going to be a potent team, but I'm far, far more worried about Toronto.

At this point I think Toronto is the clear favorite, while the other four are not far behind and all fairly evenly matched. I can't wait for this season to get started. This is by far the most parity I've ever seen in the AL East. The division is stacked with solid to very good teams, but there isn't a single great one in the pack. It's going to be a slugfest. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurk's 89 win prediction is accurate.

Certainly.

Of course Hughes is starting the year on the DL.

Nova has a career ERA+ of 97... he's a solid back of the rotation pitcher but nothing more.

Pettitte is 40 and hasn't spent a full season in a rotation in 4 years.

Kuroda is good, but he is 38.

Certainly.

Of course Hughes is starting the year on the DL.

Nova has a career ERA+ of 97... he's a solid back of the rotation pitcher but nothing more.

Pettitte is 40 and hasn't spent a full season in a rotation in 4 years.

Kuroda is good, but he is 38.

I'm sensing Phelps in the starting 5 before Mother's Day...

Hmmm...

CF - Gardner (L)

RF - Suzuki (L)

2B - Cano (L)

1B - Youkilis ®

DH - Hafner (L)

LF - Rivera ®

SS - Nunez ®

C - Stewart ®

3B - Nix ®

If Jeter doesn't make the opening day lineup, could this be what we see from the Yankees against Boston? Yikes.

I'm convinced CC is headed for TJ surgery in the near future. The career innings, slider percentage, and loss of velocity are all pretty bad signs for him. If he goes down, the Yankees are surely done.

Kuroda is a very good pitcher, no doubt. The only knock on him is his age.

No way Pettitte holds up over a whole season. Last time he did that was 2009.

Nova and Hughes have promise and question marks. I don't think either is well suited for that ballpark.

I honestly think the Yankees are the 4th best team in the AL East. I'm not too impressed with the Jays either quite honestly. I think they have the potential to be the best team in baseball, but have too many big question marks. I think it will be a reverse of the standings from the early 00's: Rays, O's, Jays, Yankees, Red Sox.

Their average age is fourth in MLB. So it's kind shocking they haven't been in this situation long before now. It's been long overdue and really shouldn't be news. They've always paid big money for players just exiting their prime ages and beyond. This is what happens when you have a team full of old, past their prime, steroid abusing players, so deal with it!

Their average age is fourth in MLB. So it's kind shocking they haven't been in this situation long before now. It's been long overdue and really shouldn't be news. They've always paid big money for players just exiting their prime ages and beyond. This is what happens when you have a team full of old, past their prime, steroid abusing players, so deal with it!

They didn't during their dynasty years (sad effect of George getting suspended) but when he took control again,he made the same dumb mistakes and Hank followed,and now,it FINALLY appears it will catch up to them.

Archived