Brian Roberts makes first road trip of the spring 3/19 vs Red Sox in Ft Myers

weams

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone at the game want to explain?

According to the beat reporters on Twitter, Sweeney hit a grounder to 2B, Roberts stepped on the bag (to force out Gomes) and then threw to third to get Middlebrooks.

I'm not sure how Middlebrooks didn't get to third base on a grounder to second. Did he fall over?

According to the beat reporters on Twitter, Sweeney hit a grounder to 2B, Roberts stepped on the bag (to force out Gomes) and then threw to third to get Middlebrooks.

I'm not sure how Middlebrooks didn't get to third base on a grounder to second. Did he fall over?

Maybe he was dogging it figuring that BRob would go to first to complete the 2B... if so heads up play by BRob and Manny

What did you say during his previous start where he pitched 4 scoreless innings and had like a billion strikeouts?

That was against an all Minor Leagers. Matusz dominates up to AAA, just seems like one of those guys whose stuff doesn't play at the ML level... at least not as a starter when he has to get 4, 5, 6 straight RH hitters. Hope I'm wrong... if he ever fulfilled his early projections the O's would be building a great starting rotation.

I'm wondering if Buck made it clear that in order to make this rotation you better throw strikes. Matusz has been better of late but his last start was marred by a 20+ pitch final inning. I'll be curious what VATech94 has to say about Matusz today.

Archived