Owners become even bigger scumbags

waroriole

To be fair, the headline ought to be "Owners ABOUT TO Become Even Bigger Scumbags," since they haven't actually done anything and may not.

But yeah, pretty awful if true.

Just the idea that they would do this, and try to make the vote secret says enough about their scumminess.

Wow...I mean, isnt 75% of that park vacant every home game anyway? You have how man paying season ticket holders and you then choose to sue them because you blocked their seats that they were willing to purchase to watch a team you traded away? Loria and Dan Snyder are best friends forever!

Pretty sure Loria can't be shamed.

He can't. Like I've said before, I hated Loria more in 03 then any other time I've known about him because in the 03 World Series,the Yankees and the owners were the lesser of two evils.

That's how slimy and rotton Loria is and I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

This is kind of a sign o' the times. Defined benefit pension plans are becoming less and less common. For that matter, employer matching of 401(k) contributions also is becoming much less common.

But still, I think MLB would do well to hold the line against those trends and continue providing these plans. The owners make an awful lot of money and a lot of the staff get paid a pittance in salary for the amount of value they produce and the amount of time they spend at the office and on the road.

Pensions are a perk and are on the endangered species. In this case, I would hope current employees would be grandfathered under whatever is the existing pension plan for their respective club. Future employees should be advised that they need to take steps to build their own nest eggs. It's pretty easy to set aside money from each paycheck for your future. And to those who say, "I can't afford to", I say, "you can't afford not to".

Archived