O's make statement about September 5th. O's Game will not be moved.

Tony-OH

From the Orioles:

"The Orioles have great respect for the Super Bowl Champion Ravens and thank Major League Baseball, the MLB Players Association, and the White Sox for doing everything possible to work with us to explore all options to reschedule the September 5 game. We also appreciate the work of the NFL and the Ravens over the past several weeks as we attempted to accommodate the Ravens' interest in a game the same evening. Given the limited options available to reschedule the game at that late date in the season, the parties jointly determined that even an earlier start time would still create such enormous logistical difficulties that it would greatly diminish the fan experience for both events which all parties realized would not be in the interest of their fans or the City."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Ravens confirm

That they will open on the road.

Meh.

The Ravens probably don't really care all that much as long as they're not losing revenue (and they won't.) I guess the fans might care, but I'm not 100% sure why... they've gotta play 8 at home and 8 on the road regardless.

Goodell sucks.

Meh.

The Ravens probably don't really care all that much as long as they're not losing revenue (and they won't.) I guess the fans might care, but I'm not 100% sure why... they've gotta play 8 at home and 8 on the road regardless.

Goodell sucks.

Because Baltimore likes to party and opening up the season at home with the entire country watching is something SB champs should get.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much but the Baltimore chip on my shoulder is making me mad, I just don't know who to direct my anger at.

Because Baltimore likes to party and opening up the season at home with the entire country watching is something SB champs should get.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much but the Baltimore chip on my shoulder is making me mad, I just don't know who to direct my anger at.

Greedy Goodell. He could have easily moved the game to a Wednesday, Tuesday, or Monday, but didn't want to. It was either his way or a way that would either inconvenience the Orioles or inconvenience the Ravens. This date was set for months by MLB and both teams involved. Goodell was way off base expecting the Orioles, White Sox, and MLB to bend to his will.

Good for the O's, and screw the NFL. I hate that the Ravens open on the road, but that's on Goodell and no one else.

Man... that kind of stuff is for fans and TV networks.

Archived