O's make statement about September 5th. O's Game will not be moved.

Tony-OH

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 Superbowl wins, 2 times we get screwed out of the season opener. That sucks.

For the record, Miller192 has tweeted that it's Bob Kraft who's preventing the game from being on Wednesday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gVEqqrO3PAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Such Chemistry.

Man... that kind of stuff is for fans and TV networks.

Yep. 100% PR and marketing nonsense. I enjoy football. I could do without a special performance from some crappy pop act playing on the "Coke NFL Experience Stage" with compensated actors in NFL jerseys dancing around in front of the stage.

Seriously, THAT is what people are upset about missing. S-L-A-P!!!!

For the record, Miller192 has tweeted that it's Bob Kraft who's preventing the game from being on Wednesday.

That may be true that he refused to have the Patriots play the Ravens on Wednesday but surely another team could have played here on Wednesday.

2 Superbowl wins, 2 times we get screwed out of the season opener. That sucks.

Why? Rosh Hashanah?

News flash, It's still going on Thursday night.

Patriots are dumb.

The game could have easily been played on Wednesday. I really don't care whether we start the season opener at home or the road, as long as we win. This whole "fanfare" for the opening game of the season is just one more way the NFL to drum up soemthing that didn't exists ten years ago, that few people enjoy, just to make some more $$$$.

If the Orioles are in a pennant race, few people will be mad at the Orioles come September 5th. If they are out of it or having a bad year, all hell will break loose on the message boards, radio talk shows and in the press.

That may be true that he refused to have the Patriots play the Ravens on Wednesday but surely another team could have played here on Wednesday.

Kraft probably had a social engagement on Wednesday and pulled his veto power with Goodell. Remember, guys like Kraft hire and fire guys like Goodell.

Why? Rosh Hashanah?

News flash, It's still going on Thursday night.

Patriots are dumb.

Yup, the NFL just bullying. They want it their way or the highway. Very corrupt organization. I wrote a blog post about this: http://www.stephenpauladams.com/articles/nfl-flexing-muscles-mlb-should-not-give-in/

Rosh Hashanah starts on sundown on Wednesday, ends on sundown on Friday. So the NFL would be playing on Rosh Hashanah regardless.

I hope the NFL keeps getting blasted by this. They need to be shown to be the corrupt bunch of bullies that they really are.

Exactly. I'm a fan.

I understand that. You said:

Because Baltimore likes to party and opening up the season at home with the entire country watching is something SB champs should get.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much but the Baltimore chip on my shoulder is making me mad, I just don't know who to direct my anger at.

Did you mean SB champ "fans?"

Archived