O's make statement about September 5th. O's Game will not be moved.

Tony-OH

The media has a responsibility to put the NFL and even the Ravens on blast here. The Ravens and Steve Bisciotti are in the pocket of Kraft during this. The most logical and easy decision is to play on Wednesday: period. But what ends up happening is that the NFL doesn't want to do anything to accommodate. Their solution? Make Ravens play on road rather than play on Wednesday. Then Bisciotti comes out and guilt trips the Orioles. It's disgusting.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The media has a responsibility to put the NFL and even the Ravens on blast here. The Ravens and Steve Bisciotti are in the pocket of Kraft during this. The most logical and easy decision is to play on Wednesday: period. But what ends up happening is that the NFL doesn't want to do anything to accommodate. Their solution? Make Ravens play on road rather than play on Wednesday. Then Bisciotti comes out and guilt trips the Orioles. It's disgusting.

It's about the ratings. Last year's game ratings were down. Kraft has a lot of clout in the NFL and right or wrong, they didn't want his team to play that night because of the holiday. It's BS, I agree. Biscotti is sticking with the league...what else would he do? How did he give the Orioles a guilt trip?

I don't like having to go to Denver, if we do, since the crowd and team will be amped to avenge the playoff loss and probably will.

But whatever.

It's about the ratings. Last year's game ratings were down. Kraft has a lot of clout in the NFL and right or wrong, they didn't want his team to play that night because of the holiday. It's BS, I agree. Biscotti is sticking with the league...what else would he do? How did he give the Orioles a guilt trip?

I don't like having to go to Denver, if we do, since the crowd and team will be amped to avenge the playoff loss.

But whatever.

Bisciotti: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/19/ravens-owner-agrees-to-pay-os-then-drops-guilt-trip/

Really irks me.

The NFL says it is looking at ways to hold a Super Bowl celebration in Baltimore while the Ravens open on the road.

What do you all think of the O's potentially moving the game to 3:05, or something like that, and then holding a stadium viewing party for the Ravens game afterward? That might be pretty awesome, an afternoon baseball game followed by an in-stadium celebration event.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9085731/baltimore-ravens-open-2013-season-road-due-scheduling-conflict-baltimore-orioles

I bet the players would prefer to play the game at home that night vs on the road. If they feed off the crowd at all, it would happen on that night.

But you can continue to tell me how I should feel.

Hey buddy, feel however you want.

They coulda played the game on Sunday at home but they wanted the extra days for rest I guess... I'd understand that a bit more if it were week 9 or something, but I digress.

Might have to do my rain dance on Thursday. ;)

I bet the players would prefer to play the game at home that night vs on the road. If they feed off the crowd at all, it would happen on that night.

But you can continue to tell me how I should feel.

Not if it meant playing a Thursday night game on a short week later in the season.

as a Ravens fan I would like to have had one last chance to celebrate the Super Bowl Victory with the Nation watching.

The real loser will be the city of Baltimore which will lose the chance to host a national event (the NFL opening game festivities).

Last year the O's were in the pennant race and played a weekday game in late August against the White Sox in front of 10,000 fans.

Murphy's law would predict either that:

a) The game is rained out

b) The game is meaningless

c) The game is poorly attended

A day game coupled with the NFL festivities would have make the O's, White Sox and city of Baltimore a lot more money. ML baseball is ran by the players union and they don't care about the owners or the fans and I suspect are the reason that the game couldn't be re-scheduled.

I love the O's and really do not blame them for this mess. Its the NFL's fault.

That said Bisciotti is a hellava lot better than the other owner in town (Angelos). Oriole fans would be blessed to have a owner like him own the O's. Just look at the track records they speak volumes.

I love the O's and really do not blame them for this mess. Its the NFL's fault.

That said Bisciotti is a hellava lot better than the other owner in town (Angelos). Oriole fans would be blessed to have a owner like him own the O's. Just look at the track records they speak volumes.

I won't disagree with that, but we have to call a spade a spade when it's acting like one. And right now Bisciotti is in bed with Kraft and the NFL, and they're being a bunch of bullies.

I'm ecstatic that MLB didn't back down.

Not if it meant playing a Thursday night game on a short week later in the season.

No, I meant playing the game at home, on Thursday.

I know that's not an option now, so I would rather get the Thursday game out of the way rather than play it on Sunday or Monday and still have to play a Thursday night game down the road.

Biscotti should have substituted "Orioles" with "MLB" and I would agree with him. It should be an on-going agreement between the leagues to accommodate SB winners if there is a conflict, and vice versa during the WOrld Series. We're talking about one game, after all.

But I understand the MLB's standpoint. At least they showed some backbone for once. Now if they could only do that across the board...

I won't disagree with that, but we have to call a spade a spade when it's acting like one. And right now Bisciotti is in bed with Kraft and the NFL, and they're being a bunch of bullies.

I'm ecstatic that MLB didn't back down.

Of course he is. Its his job to put the Ravens in the best position possible for exposure and marketing. Primetime games do that, games at home are even better. That's why they will take the road game even though its not optimal. If I were Bisciotti I would have tried every trick in the book to get that game here.

I also think its not MLB's job to worry about what an NFL teams scheduling problems are that they were not made aware of. That's only fair if you believe the above.

Sucks for the fans. Lot of people were really looking forward to celebrating a championship and kicking off an NFL season in Baltimore. Just have to do it from home instead. No worries.

No, I meant playing the game at home, on Thursday.

I know that's not an option now, so I would rather get the Thursday game out of the way rather than play it on Sunday or Monday and still have to play a Thursday night game down the road.

Biscotti should have substituted "Orioles" with "MLB" and I would agree with him. It should be an on-going agreement between the leagues to accommodate SB winners if there is a conflict, and vice versa during the WOrld Series. We're talking about one game, after all.

But I understand the MLB's standpoint. At least they showed some backbone for once. Now if they could only do that across the board...

The suit seems to indicate that they are trying.

Archived