O's make statement about September 5th. O's Game will not be moved.

Tony-OH

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I meant playing the game at home, on Thursday.

I know that's not an option now, so I would rather get the Thursday game out of the way rather than play it on Sunday or Monday and still have to play a Thursday night game down the road.

Biscotti should have substituted "Orioles" with "MLB" and I would agree with him. It should be an on-going agreement between the leagues to accommodate SB winners if there is a conflict, and vice versa during the WOrld Series. We're talking about one game, after all.

But I understand the MLB's standpoint. At least they showed some backbone for once. Now if they could only do that across the board...

Completely agree. And I would certainly be more in the middle on this if Goodell came out and said, "You know, we would prefer to play this game on Thursday because we have a contract with NBC and want to make the most money possible." I understand that... that's the TRUTH. Don't snowball me and tell me that you can't make it happen on Wednesday because of Rosh Hashanah when you play games on holidays almost every freakin' season.

It's a shame for the Ravens fans that they have to watch the game on TV, I suppose. But let's not forget that the NFL had options and chose what they chose.

The NFL and MLB have never gotten along, mainly because the NFL uses scare tactics to get their way. And good for MLB for standing up for them. Screw the NFL.

I love the NFL so along with the vast majority of other Americans I respectfully disagree.

Lets not forget there was a time when Baseball was king and they treated the NFL/Football like a redheaded stepchild.

In business the bigger business always plays the part of the bully. I cant blame MLB for not making it happen but they could have if they really wanted to for the fans of Baltimore many of whom are both Ravens and Oriole fans.

If I were MLB I would have been the bigger man and made it happen not for the NFL but for those O's fans who are Ravens fans also and said it exactly that way. All the while taking numerous pot shots at the NFL for their shortsightedness. I think it was a missed opportunity for MLB actually. The vast majority of people out there are not informed. They read headlines only and what they will take away from all this is that the O's screwed the Ravens even though nothing could be further from the truth. Just listen to the radio or people talking ..... sadly its already happening.

When the World Series had two Sundays games possible the NFL didn't play on the first Sunday. Then in 2007 MLB moved the World Series to a Wednesday start and the NFL didn't play on the Sunday night of the series. Then in 2010 they stopped and went head to head.

The NFL moved the draft to a weeknight instead of a Saturday that competed with the NBA playoffs, I remember Cuban being upset.

They are running a business and they have every right to do all this but they could care less about impacting the other sports leagues. Then they have the nerve to make an issue about this. As a Ravens fan I wish they did open at home but the NFL is in the wrong.

I love the NFL so along with the vast majority of other Americans I respectfully disagree.

Lets not forget there was a time when Baseball was king and they treated the NFL/Football like a redheaded stepchild.

In business the bigger business always plays the part of the bully. I cant blame MLB for not making it happen but they could have if they really wanted to for the fans of Baltimore many of whom are both Ravens and Oriole fans.

If I were MLB I would have been the bigger man and made it happen not for the NFL but for those O's fans who are Ravens fans also and said it exactly that way. All the while taking numerous pot shots at the NFL for their shortsightedness. I think it was a missed opportunity for MLB actually. The vast majority of people out there are not informed. They read headlines only and what they will take away from all this is that the O's screwed the Ravens even though nothing could be further from the truth. Just listen to the radio or people talking ..... sadly its already happening.

I love football but at some point people need to stand up to the NFL. This isn't a Baltimore thing. Just because you have the most popular league that doesn't mean everyone should bow down and kiss their butt anytime the NFL wants.

Why would the Chicago White Sox want to put themselves at a possible competitive disadvantage for the fans of Baltimore? So many people seem to keep forgetting that point. IMO, there was NOTHING the Orioles could have done in this situation. The White Sox need to answer to the fans of Chicago, don't they. As has been mentioned, the Sox take on the Tigers immediately after the O's series. Scheduling a double header was not, in any way, in their best interest. Unfortunately the Orioles could not UNILATERALLY make this decision.

Why would the Chicago White Sox want to put themselves at a possible competitive disadvantage for the fans of Baltimore? So many people seem to keep forgetting that point. IMO, there was NOTHING the Orioles could have done in this situation. The White Sox need to answer to the fans of Chicago, don't they. As has been mentioned, the Sox take on the Tigers immediately after the O's series. Scheduling a double header was not, in any way, in their best interest. Unfortunately the Orioles could not UNILATERALLY make this decision.

We just are saying that it hurts the Os the most because they will be in a playoff hunt and the Whitesox wont be.:D:wedge: I just hope this doesnt rub the casual fan the wrong way. My thought is if the Os are in the hunt people wont be too upset, but come September and God forbid they are 20 games back in last people will be furious.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I think it sucks. I couldn't care less what organization makes what power play to stand on ceremony and count it's millions. The losers here are the fans and the players.

I understand that the general consensus around here is, "good for them for standing up to the bully" because this is an Orioles website with fans that love the O's and the MLB. I still don't think it's a great move for the fans that live in Baltimore.

I love the Orioles and that's never going to change. I also spend a good bit of money on my PSL and tickets every year, so I'm pretty bummed out that I don't get to see the season opener that gets awarded to the champs. Oh well, I'll just have to catch the next one when we win our next trophy..... I guess. :noidea:

Stupid people are going to be stupid. You can't base your decisions on how those people will react.

Sadly, the NFL was actually trying to take advantage of the meat-headedness of the fan base with the Rosh Hashanah BS. This controversy was a creation of the NFL AND the fault of the NFL.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I think it sucks. I couldn't care less what organization makes what power play to stand on ceremony and count it's millions. The losers here are the fans and the players.

I understand that the general consensus around here is, "good for them for standing up to the bully" because this is an Orioles website with fans that love the O's and the MLB. I still don't think it's a great move for the fans that live in Baltimore.

I love the Orioles and that's never going to change. I also spend a good bit of money on my PSL and tickets every year, so I'm pretty bummed out that I don't get to see the season opener that gets awarded to the champs. Oh well, I'll just have to catch the next one when we win our next trophy..... I guess. :noidea:

The NFL had several options to give Baltimore an opening night home game. They chose money instead, meanwhile trying to turn the Orioles into a villain. I love the Ravens. I like them a little bit less because of this.

The NFL had several options to give Baltimore an opening night home game. They chose money instead, meanwhile trying to turn the Orioles into a villain. I love the Ravens. I like them a little bit less because of this.

I don't know why you'd really hold this against the Ravems. This was an NFL issue.

Archived