Saturday vs. Phillies at home!

scOtt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you shouldn't be pitching to the stadium?

Goodness knows the ball doesn't carry at OPACY in the summertime.

Yes Chen is a fly ball pitcher but adjustments should be made according to conditions. Of course Chen has spent most of this spring pitching to minor leaguers.

Chen is a fly ball pitcher. He's not about to start breaking out a sinker or something. He gets lots of lazy fly balls - kinda like those two "homers," although they were stuck a bit more squarely than that - which are caught, even in OPACY.

So no, I don't care if Chen is not pitching to Ed Smith stadium with a gale blowing out to LF. It won't matter in the regular season.

Cool! Thanks. How does this work? Can I watch games on here for free during the regular season or is this just a spring training thing?

You can watch EVERY game during the regular season with this site: O http://www.vipbox.tv/

You can also see all of the live football games (college and pro), basketball games (college and pro), boxing, and many other sports through it.

Most of the Orioles' spring training games have not been televised, which is why I have missed most of them so far. But in the regular season, you're good to go.

Patrick

Are you there Bob?

Just ran into Paul Blair...... Chatted a moment w/him and asked about ST in his day. Said he always had a roommate (Blacks were paired w/Blacks/Latinos and Whites with whites.) Frank Robinson came to team he got his own room, leaving an odd number of blacks. Paul got own room, then, and on road trips during season.

Asked him about family contact during road season and ST. Told me same story Dick Hall did in Balt. Not a lot of contact....

But once an unnamed player stood up on the bus to the Airport for a 10 day road trip.

"Freedom guys.... 10 days of freedom!!" Yippee! :)

Gotta love these guys. Yeah, ScOtt, here 'til 7th then FinDaddys and Clancy's in Bradenton on way back to Clearwater.

Day trip from home again tomorrow..... I go to game, Cathy goes to Macys.

Archived