Red Sox lowering beer prices...

NewMarketSean

To keep sellout streak gong.

Apparently they think they won't sell out the second home game, which is against the O's of course.

Poor Sox fans. They had 2 bad seasons and fans jumped ship. I guess their true colors are showing. Hopefully this will mean less Sox fans at the hard this year, although I wouldn't count on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/beer-save-boston-red-sox-endangered-sell-streak-173321810--mlb.html

You have to factor in Boston's cold weather in April and less than riveting opponents showing up at Fenway during the opening month.

The Sawx still sell 101% of the stadium and had 3M+ fans last year. But they'll probably be a 4th or 5th place team in the AL East when the season ends.

Well, their 2011 season wasn't that bad. They were the best team in baseball for a lot of it, but then they tanked and we broke their backs and destroyed their spirit at the end of game 162.

THat last month is among the worst in baseball for a regular season team. One of the proudest moments as an O's fan and why I liked Buck so much.

Even though we were well out of it,he instilled pride in those players to not simply roll over,and we didn't.

You have to factor in Boston's cold weather in April and less than riveting opponents showing up at Fenway during the opening month.

The Sawx still sell 101% of the stadium and had 3M+ fans last year. But they'll probably be a 4th or 5th place team in the AL East when the season ends.

Their sellout streak is a farce. Ticket companies like StubHub buy a bunch of the tickets when they go on sale. Then they sell as many as they can, but often times can't sell all of them. It still gets listed as a sellout, though, since the Red Sox sold them to that company. It's pretty ridiculous that they continue to boast about their sellout streak when the stadium is half-empty for some games.

As much as I enjoy watching the Red Sox suffer, for us to make fun of non-sellouts at Fenway given some of the absolutely pathetic "crowds" we have had at OPACY in the last decade, is kind of hypocritical.

You lose --> attendance drops.

You win --> it goes up.

The Red Sox were one of the worst teams in baseball, record-wise, last year. Yeah, they are going to have some empty seats.

The Red SOx and their fanbase deserve it all. I never thought I could dislike a fanbase as much as the Yankees but after 04 and 07,the Red Sox fans did their best and succeeded a couple of times.

Be a nice year to see them both duke it out for last place.

Archived