2013 Washington Nationals

OFFNY

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Nationals&src=hash">#Nationals</a> today relieved Rick Eckstein of his duties & promoted Rick Schu (formerly min.-league hitting coordinator) to hitting coach.</p>— Nationals PR (@NationalsPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/NationalsPR/statuses/359383170833055745">July 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because it's the hitting coach's fault.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Davey Johnson is way too nonchalant about the losing and has lost the clubhouse.

When asked recently about the non existing offense he said "I'm not that worried about it". That was a couple weeks ago.

Then just yesterday they asked him about being swept by the Dodgers, he said "We will be fine".

When he talks it sounds like he is on a life support machine.

I think Davey Johnson is way too nonchalant about the losing and has lost the clubhouse.

When asked recently about the non existing offense he said "I'm not that worried about it". That was a couple weeks ago.

Then just yesterday they asked him about being swept by the Dodgers, he said "We will be fine".

When he talks it sounds like he is on a life support machine.

Davey Johnson is the only thing I think is good about that place. The players are over rated. Mike Rizzo is Scott Boras' pawn and ultimately the organization will teach others how to puff your self up to the point that you have that smug "Natitude" with no reason whatsoever to have it.

Davey Johnson is the only thing I think is good about that place. The players are over rated. Mike Rizzo is Scott Boras' pawn and ultimately the organization will teach others how to puff your self up to the point that you have that smug "Natitude" with no reason whatsoever to have it.

I think Davey wants out of that craphole known as DC. He offered to resign so they wouldn't fire the hitting coach.

Tough last year for Davey. I think his age has caught up to him. This is a guy who won a WS as manager before two of his biggest star players were even born. I don't really hate the Nats but I can't deny that I derive some joy from us being in the thick of our division race while the Nats have to fight for 500. Maybe it's because I'm tired of Nats fans resenting me because I stayed an Orioles fan or the WaPo's condescending attitude towards the O's in their MLB preview combined with their NATS ARE THE EBST EVER OMG.

The Nats are getting crushed by the Tigers today, 10-1 in the 4th. That team is a mess.

Today's game would normally make me happy, but I have Gio Gonzalez on my fantasy team. He went three and a third and gave up 10 earned runs on 11 hits. So I am only pretty happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The first complete game of Strasburg's major league career (and a shutout, also.)

STEPHEN STRASBURG O (vs. PHILLIES, 8/11)

IP:O 9 O(COMPLETE-GAME SHUTOUT)

H:o. 4

R:O. 0

BB:. 1

SO:. 10

Pitches: 99 (66 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.83

The first complete game of Strasburg's major league career (and a shutout, also.)

STEPHEN STRASBURG O (vs. PHILLIES, 8/11)

IP:O 9 O(COMPLETE-GAME SHUTOUT)

H:o. 4

R:O. 0

BB:. 1

SO:. 10

Pitches: 99 (66 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.83

Thanks for posting OFFNY.

I always liked the kid, been hoping he would lite up the MLB with his talent.

Can the Nats Make a Miracle Playoff Run?

Why Washington has a shot to sneak into the wild-card race, and play in October.

(By Dave Cameron)

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9570298/washington-nationals-chances-making-miracle-playoff-run-mlb

I can't read all of it because I don't have an Insider account but it seems to me, that ESPN is desperate for the Nats to make a run and make the playoff and justify their

projection that the Nats would be a playoff team. For the Nats to make it, they not

only need to get red hot and I mean red hot, but they need a few teams to really start to struggle. We're half way past August. The Nats should be worried about

finishing above 500 more than some miracle playoff run. And their BP blew another

late lead tonight. This isn't a playoff team this year.

Archived