2013 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

The AL East Division favorite Blue Jay's season is shaping up to be quite the disaster. 9-16. 8 games back already.

Hiring back John Gibbons was a dumb move. I think they'd be at 500 if they hired most anyone else.Not that I'm complaining at all about this though.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems the Cleveland Indian's radio broadcast team isn't a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays and are now actively rooting for the Blue Jays to fail.

They go on a little rant about the smugness they experienced in the Opening series from the Blue Jay's organization, the premature celebratory festivities, and take cheap shots at Canada as a whole.

3 minute audio clip + text transcript + Canadians taking offense can be found here for any interested,

http://blogs.thescore.com/djf/2013/05/02/farrells-treatment-a-travesty-and-smug-blue-jays-cant-lose-enough-says-cleveland-radio-broadcaster/

Something that surprised me is quite a few Jay's fans in attendance seem to agree. Sounds like there was a series of pre-game videos showed on the big screen that even Jay's fans found embarassing and inappropriately premature. Man I wish I could find those videos!

An incredible comeback win tonight for the Blue Jays over the D-Rays.

The Blue Jays were down by a score of 7-0 after 3 innings, but managed to come all the way back and win the game by a score of 8-7.

Mark Buehrle gave a very gutsy effort (as did his team.) He gave up 7 runs in the 3rd inning, but continued to pitch for 3 more innings, holding the Rays scoreless, enabling his team for the chance to come back and win it.

Esmil Rogers, Darren Oliver, and Casey Janssen all pitched a scoreless inning each, continuing to hold Tampa Bay scoreless for the remainder of the game while the Blue Jays' offense scored 3 runs in the final 2 innings to complete the improbable comeback.

MARK BUEHRLE O (vs. D-RAYS, 5/06)

IP:O 6

H:o. 9

R:O. 7

BB:. 2

SO:. 5

Pitches: 107 (67 Strikes, 40 Balls)

2013 ERA: 7.02

I don't like that win from Toronto. That's the kind of win that can get a team going.

A win in which the starter gives up seven runs?

As heartening a win as it was for the Jays, it had to be disheartening for the Rays, and honestly the Rays worry me more right now.

A win in which the starter gives up seven runs?

As heartening a win as it was for the Jays, it had to be disheartening for the Rays, and honestly the Rays worry me more right now.

Another big come-from-behind win tonight.

Just smells like the Jays are about to go on a little run.

I do hope Toronto stays injured and all their prospects they traded do great. I hope it sets them back enough to get their baby genius GM tossed out on his butt and Toronto is not revelant for another five years.

They havent done much right in Toronto except get some good HGH into the clubhouse.

An incredible comeback win tonight for the Blue Jays over the D-Rays.

The Blue Jays were down by a score of 7-0 after 3 innings, but managed to come all the way back and win the game by a score of 8-7.

Mark Buehrle gave a very gutsy effort (as did his team.) He gave up 7 runs in the 3rd inning, but continued to pitch for 3 more innings, holding the Rays scoreless, enabling his team for the chance to come back and win it.

Esmil Rogers, Darren Oliver, and Casey Janssen all pitched a scoreless inning each, continuing to hold Tampa Bay scoreless for the remainder of the game while the Blue Jays' offense scored 3 runs in the final 2 innings to complete the improbable comeback.

MARK BUEHRLE O (vs. D-RAYS, 5/06)

IP:O 6

H:o. 9

R:O. 7

Pitches: 107 (67 Strikes, 40 Balls)

2013 ERA: 7.02

Buehrle followed up that gutty performance with what was by far, his best game of the season to date.

He picked a good time for it, too ........ in Boston, against the Red Sox.

MARK BUEHRLE O (vs. RED SOX, 5/11)

IP:O 7 - Plus

H:o. 5

R:O. 1

Pitches: 105 (69 Strikes, 36 Balls)

2013 ERA: 6.19

He was a flash-in-the-pan, one pitch pitcher that many compared to Tim Wakefield without thinking of the long-term success Wakefield had in his career.The fact of the matter is, teams have found out how to hit Dickey's knuckleball. And once that happened, he lost his single reliable go-to pitch that he can use to get himself out of jams. Now he has nothing.

People may not want to admit it, but Dickey's success last year has a lot to do with the NL having fewer "big bats" than the AL. Dickey was able to take advantage of hitters who had, likely, never seen that type of pitch. Playing in the AL, specifically in the AL East where batters had to deal with Wakefield's knuckler for years, makes it a lot harder for Dickey to have his way on the hill.

He's a one trick pony who has seemingly lost all effectiveness with his knuckler. Now the question to ask is can he get it back or is all hope lost with this one.

RA

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blue-jays-sp-r-dickey-pace-career-worst-183500623.html

Dickey pitched into the 8th inning for the first time this season, as he paced the Blue Jays to a 7-5 win over the red-hot Rays, who had won 9 of their previous 11 games.

Dickey allowed 2 earned runs over 8 complete innings.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2013/05/20/ra_dickey_leads_blue_jays_to_victory_over_rays.html

R.A. DICKEY O (vs. D-RAYS, 5/20)

IP:O 8

H:o. 4

R:O. 3

ER:) 2

BB:. 4

Pitches: 120 (72 Strikes, 48 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.50

• 3 weeks later...

Archived