Be advised: Darvish pitching quite well.

Scrat1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We ought to just change the title of this thread to "Some pitcher has a no hitter/perfect game going against the Astros". I would be surprised if this didn't come up again.

I was watching it with my wife who doesn't know too much about baseball, and she said to me, "The Astros aren't very good, are they?" No, no they aren't.

• 4 months later...

YU DARVISH O (vs. ASTROS, 4/02)

IP:O 8.67

H:o. 1

R:O. 0

BB:. 0

SO:. 14

Pitches: 111 (78 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2013 ERA: 0.00

Almost identical statistics ........ and against the same team (the Astros.)

YU DARVISH O (vs. ASTROS, 8/12)

IP:O 8

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 15

Pitches: 115 (74 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.64

Almost identical statistics ........ and against the same team (the Astros.)

YU DARVISH O (vs. ASTROS, 8/12)

IP:O 8

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 15

Pitches: 115 (74 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.64

Pretty tacky the Umpire ejected AJ and the Rangers were using a backup catcher later on in the game.

Pretty tacky the Umpire ejected AJ and the Rangers were using a backup catcher later on in the game.

It wasn't tacky at all. AJ could have said absolutely anything he wanted to that ump while he was walking to the mound and not been ejected. He decided to turn around and show the ump up and he got ejected.

It wasn't tacky at all. AJ could have said absolutely anything he wanted to that ump while he was walking to the mound and not been ejected. He decided to turn around and show the ump up and he got ejected.

Yup. I think that umps are fine until you turn your face and bark at them. I'm sure all catchers probably do the "hey...you missed that one" with an ump every once in a while.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/umpire-ron-kulpa-ejects-catcher-j-pierzynski-yu-211549840.html

Usually, catchers in the middle of a no-no, get a bit more slack.

That last picture of the finger pointing to the catcher, was pretty significant in my mind that the ump was all about himself in the moment.

Archived