Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

It was asked who started this thread and why? I did for 2 reasons. Last year he had the third highest OBP (.336) for team regulars. He led the team in walks(73) despite all the Ks.

So, I guess the answer is, "Because he is Jack Cust."

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since this is probably the last Mark Reynolds thread we will see this year' date='(ha, ha) I thought I would share a pretty cool story. I think this came from Tim McCarver on a Fox broadcast.

In high school Mark Reynolds, David Wright, and B.J. Upton all played on a travel team together. I think in three years these guys only lost one game. I think we need to send some scouts to VA Beach and find out who the players were on the team they lost to.[/quote']

I think it was an AAU team and there was an article about it a few years ago in espn magazine. The coach used to throw coffee filters at them or something like that during batting practice. They move more and are harder to hit because they are smaller. They have since been turned into a baseball training aide.

I have to give you credit, Roy. Last year, you were all over Reynolds for much of the season.

Regardless of how everyone else feels about us not re-signing Reynolds for the 2013 season, it takes strength to for a person to admit that they were wrong and/or may have been wrong. :cool:

The more Reynolds hits, the more I regret not signing him for 2013. I know he tends to be a streaky hitter, but he can really smash the ball when he gets in a rhythm.

But 6 million for Reynolds would've been a steal. He wouldn't complain about DHing (at least publically) if we were winning like we are now.

10 years ago I had $25K in the bank. Had I bought Apple stock 10 years ago to the day, I could have sold it for $1.8 million at it's peak.

And yet, this is the first time I've posted about this. Perhaps I'll post this every time Reynolds gets a hit.

I know you'll all tell me to "get off it already"...or "move on"..but just a reminder:

With his 11th HR today, Mark Reynolds is the AL HR leader and he has 29 RBI's and a

.291 BA.

Im aware this is a "dead horse beating"

Im aware that Reynolds "didnt want to DH"

I'm aware that Reynolds will likely go on a major slump and strike out a bunch.

I'm aware that the Orioles are tied for the MOST WINS in baseball..

I'm aware that Davis is having an excellent year( though slumping of late)

I'm aware that Reynolds was probably not as good defensively long term as Davis.

But at 6 million for a one year deal and injuries inevitable...

THIS WAS A MISTAKE.

That is all.

You are right. We would have been much better off with Reynolds in left field than Reimold. The Problem was at the time, Reynolds though he was playing the infield for Cleveland. I bet David Price thought he would have a good season also. But you, and everyone else that started one of these thread have been right. And I bemoan the loss of the Sheriff.

10 years ago I had $25K in the bank. Had I bought Apple stock 10 years ago to the day, I could have sold it for $1.8 million at it's peak.

And yet, this is the first time I've posted about this. Perhaps I'll post this every time Reynolds gets a hit.

I've made similar mistakes.

With all the talk of Davis and his bat it is interesting to see that Reynolds is tied for the AL lead with 11 HR. I get that it did not make financial sense to pay him what his option year called for but I do not understand why we did not even make him an offer. Perhaps he would have taken 4-5 million to stay put and be our DH and fill in at first when Davis needed a break. I miss his attitude as well. If only he did not diss Buck by not giving him the high five that time.

With all the talk of Davis and his bat it is interesting to see that Reynolds is tied for the AL lead with 11 HR. I get that it did not make financial sense to pay him what his option year called for but I do not understand why we did not even make him an offer. Perhaps he would have taken 4-5 million to stay put and be our DH and fill in at first when Davis needed a break. I miss his attitude as well. If only he did not diss Buck by not giving him the high five that time.

I love the Sheriff, love him. But he's not an Oriole, Buck and Double D didn't want him, so its time to move on and stop making new threads every day about him. (unless you want to put it in the MLB forum.) He's gone. Move on.

Archived