Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
100 new threads every day? I am looking over the past several days of threads and don't see Reynolds name in the title of any of them.

That's because the mods keep deleting then or moving them to the MLB Forum.

No one is arguing that we don't love and miss the guy, but he's gone.

Reynolds has already started to cool down. He is down to .279 batting average already. Give him a month or so and he will be down to his typical .220 batting average that he prefers. Davis has been having an MVP season so far and Machado is having an all-star perfomance at third. I don't see why people miss him as we have improved dramatically at the positions that he played here.

I throw a brick into my living room wall every day when I think the O's missed out on about 2.5 HOF careers when they traded away Finley, Schilling, and Harnisch.

Hold on to the bitterness! Don't let it go, it'll sustain you through the good years until there's real bad stuff to complain about.

I throw a brick into my living room wall every day when I think the O's missed out on about 2.5 HOF careers when they traded away Finley, Schilling, and Harnisch.

Hold on to the bitterness! Don't let it go, it'll sustain you through the good years until there's real bad stuff to complain about.

That must be a big wall, or are you throwing it through the same hole?

I know Reynolds prefers to play in the field instead of DH, but his numbers so far would be a big improvement on Nolan Reimold.

Well Betemit was supposed to be the DH against right-handers. Betemit got injured. Reynolds would have been Ok as a part-time DH but you don't pay a guy 6 million a year to be a dh against left-handed pitching. We could have signed Swisher as a DH if you want to whine about us not signing someone. He has a proven track record of great OBP. I never understood the Reynolds love. We know he gets hot for 3 weeks a year. Just this year it started in April.

We are the top scoring team in the league. It probably helps that Reynolds isn't in our line-up striking out 3 times a game.

Orioles need pitching as they can't expect to outscore everyone. We are one game outside of 1st place in the AL East and our MLB ranks in offense are currently:

Runs 3rd- 190

Hits 2nd- 348

TB 6th- 565

RBI 2nd- 181

AVG 6th- .264

OPS 6th- .754

Our offense has been darn good, but we need someone named Reynolds who can serve as a starting pitcher above league average IMO.

Archived