Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Reynolds prefers to play in the field instead of DH, but his numbers so far would be a big improvement on Nolan Reimold.

This is pretty much what the underlying rub is for some people. If Reimold were producing better than he is and Betemit hadn't gotten hurt, most people wouldn't be talking about Reynolds as much as they are. Some would, simply out of personal likeness of Reynolds as an individual and other stuff, but most wouldn't care as much. It's the poor performance out of Reimold so far that is making everyone yearn for the days of old in Reynolds.

Yep. Good news is, if Reimold continues to struggle, DH is about the easiest hole to plug come trade deadline. If the team even wants to look outside the organization.

And yeah there's Betemit, but I wouldn't count on him to simply come back and perform with no hitch. Unless he brings some Yankee pixie dust with him.

Perplexing thing to complain about when offense isn't even.close to our biggest issue.

There's no such thing as too much offense. With our starting pitching struggling, we need all the runs we can get to keep winning games. We have a good offense now, but it would be even better, and we would win more games, if we could get more production out of the 2B and DH slots. That doesn't mean that we should have given Reynolds $6M to be a platoon DH, but it does mean that the team needs to be proactive in addressing unproductive lineup slots, no matter how good some of our other hitters are right now.

100 new threads every day? I am looking over the past several days of threads and don't see Reynolds name in the title of any of them.

Doing a search, there are four prior listed Reynolds threads since Opening Day. The main one, which started April 3 and ran on for 12 pages, was locked on May 11th, and four other threads were started May 5 or later that all got merged into that thread. So, that's at least 8 threads on Mark Reynolds prior to this one.

I don't blame you at all for starting one, but I'm certainly sick of the topic, and I wanted Reynolds to stay. What's done is done. I'm more interested in what the O's should be doing now than in rehashing decisions from last winter.

So he's still getting on base more often than nearly every Oriole this year?

And yet we have 4 players OPSing higher than that and two more over .800

Like Gordo said, spilt milk.

e: Just noticed one of those is BRob, but the song remains the same.

100 new threads every day? I am looking over the past several days of threads and don't see Reynolds name in the title of any of them.
That's because the mods keep deleting then or moving them to the MLB Forum.

No one is arguing that we don't love and miss the guy, but he's gone.

Deleted, moved, and/or merged.

Archived