Pedro Strop's hat

OFFNY

The first two hits were "luck." The second hit was a great pitch that would have been a ground out had the 2B been in normal position. Strop did lose his composure after the wild pitch allowed the tying run to score.

Thank you! Loney's hit could be classified as luck as well. He was late and pushed one down the line.

First two hits honestly are on Buck.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do think Rodney lost his composure when he didn't get the call on Reimold. And we have seen Strop lose it multiple times. Guess it must be hard-throwing, sideways-hat-wearing, DR thing. :)

Sorry, but the hat thing has to go. Wear the uniform like it's supposed to be worn. He looks ridiculous.

Strop will have nights like this. Don't forget Rodney blew a save too, 2 of the best guys from the DR team.

The challenge with Stop IMO, is his mental state. He clearly gets rattled and his emotions are running hot whenever he takes the mound. Hopefully last night doesn't stick with him for long.

I thought the decisions on positioning the infielders were more worrisome than Strop's performance. It looked like classic over-managing to me. With a runner on base and the #9 hitter up, you play the infield in some ridiculous pull-alignment with a hard-throwing, overpowering pitcher on the mound? IMO, the decisions on positioning the infield are what cost us the game. If they don't try to be too smart, there are 2 outs and no one on.

I didn't really see anything to me that indicated that Strop is in trouble. Anyone would look rattled when consecutive hitters hit it right into the spots of the shift that they shouldn't.

And then a WP that your GG catcher usually manages to get in front of, a cue shot down the line, and a bloop single to center.

All in all I thought his stuff and placement looked good, but Buck has to get Wieters to call the pitches better aligned with the shift. I thought pitch location aided the Rays in abusing the shift. But it was smart of Maddon to have his guys ready to attack it directly.

He makes me mental!!! He can be so great, but can be soooooooo awful. I hope he gets it out of his system.

Agreed - I think the problem is, he's got some mental stuff to work out as well. I almost think those are the toughest issues - in life and in sports. I wonder if the Orioles use a sports psychologist?

Agreed - I think the problem is, he's got some mental stuff to work out as well. I almost think those are the toughest issues - in life and in sports. I wonder if the Orioles use a sports psychologist?

I mean it's not like his mental capacity left him hanging a pitch in the middle of the plate that was yanked promptly out of the park for a HR.

It'd take Strop's performance sans result over Hunter's pretty much every night. He pitched well and got a bit unlucky. That's baseball right?

In his last 2 outings, Strop has throw 25 pitches, 19 for strikes, and over 2 innings, the only blemish was the questionable infield hit by Victoriano that was charged to him last inning.

Oh, that hit was definitely not on him. Dangerous situation there giving them an extra out with Pedroia up. Very impressed by how calm he remained to get the third out.

Archived