PEDRO STROP O (vs. D-RAYS, 4/16)

IP:. 0.67 - Plus *

H:o 2

R:O 3

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 22 (11 Strikes, 11 Balls)

2013 ERA: 10.80

* Strop did not retire any batters in the 8th inning before departing.

Strop is slowly or quickly making himself trade bait if anyone wants to trade for him. I saw most of his meltdowns firsthand at OP in the latter stages of the 2012 season. He is painful to watch when he is giving up runs. Not respecting his hat which is part of his uniform adds to his fade from popularity. I'm surprised Buck hasn't told him to put his hat on correctly instead of on an angle.

Not respecting his hat which is part of his uniform adds to his fade from popularity. I'm surprised Buck hasn't told him to put his hat on correctly instead of on an angle.

I double the :rolleyes::roll eyes:

Buck had his infamous Andino conversation about the hat tilt when he first came on and these sorts of comments floated around the OH a lot if I remember correctly. I... ahem... tip my cap to Buck for adjusting to the times and going easier on that kind of stuff. Performance on the field and attitude off the field should be of the greatest concern. Why are people so against little gestures of individual expression? I'll never understand this.

I believe this is the first time I commented about his hat on OH. I've sort of gone along with it but don't like it. Most fans I talk to feel the same way and they are young and old. I'm guessing that's the way he has always worn his hat. If he wore it that way in Texas maybe that's why the Rangers traded him with Nolan Ryan in the FO. I can't picture Nolan Ryan wearing his hat like this and liking it. I doubt Cal, Palmer, Brooks, Frank or Boog would have worn their hat turned. Can anyone picture these former Oriole greats with their hats worn like this? Maybe someone who knows how to doctor photos can show us these former greats with turned hats and send them to Buck for a reaction. If Strop was lights out (ERA 10.80) maybe we could stop talking about his hat. He's far from being elite so it will continue to be a topic of conversation.

So we have bubbles in CF who continues to make errors and always will and crooked hat coming in from the pen who will continue to have his good and bad moments. Well! What can you say at 4 AM in the morning........it's 2013! I wonder what Roy out in California thinks about these habits and what do the players on other teams think?

I thought about doing a separate post on this subject but know I would get destroyed by a certain group on here. It's not worth the harassment. If Roy or Tony feel the same way as I do and did the post it might lead to some interesting comments.

Someone asked why some fans are against these kinds of habits? The question is why do these players want to stand out or be different? Do they need attention? Insecure? Are they looking for endorsement deals? If all of the players did these things then little leaguers and younger players would know how to act.

I believe this is the first time I commented about his hat on OH. I've sort of gone along with it but don't like it. Most fans I talk to feel the same way and they are young and old. I'm guessing that's the way he has always worn his hat. If he wore it that way in Texas maybe that's why the Rangers traded him with Nolan Ryan in the FO. I can't picture Nolan Ryan wearing his hat like this and liking it. I doubt Cal, Palmer, Brooks, Frank or Boog would have worn their hat turned. Can anyone picture these former Oriole greats with their hats worn like this? Maybe someone who knows how to doctor photos can show us these former greats with turned hats and send them to Buck for a reaction. If Strop was lights out maybe we could stop talking about his hat. He's far from being elite so it will continue to be a topic of conversation.

So we have bubbles in CF who continues to make errors and always will and crooked hat coming in from the pen who will continue to have his good and bad moments. Well! What can you say at 4 AM in the morning........it's 2013! I wonder what Roy out in California thinks about these habits and what do the players on other teams think?

I thought about doing a separate post on this subject but know I would get destroyed by a certain group on here. It's not worth the harassment. If Roy or Tony feel the same way as I do and did the post it might lead to some interesting comments.

Someone asked why some fans are against these kinds of habits? The question is why do these players want to stand out or be different? Do they need attention? Insecure? Are they looking for endorsement deals? If all of the players did these things then little leaguers and younger players would know how to act.

If the turned hat was the fashion of the 60s/70s, then yeah, I could imagine our old players wearing their hats like that... cause I'd be used to seeing old photos of old players doing it. It'd be just as weird if there were players dressing themselves like they did in the 70s today. I wonder what someone like you would've said about all the afros back then? Why isn't it "attention"-grubbing when a player today wears his socks high? Or when a catcher wears gets his tools special-designed and flashy? And most importantly what does ANY of this have to do with their on-field performance? Is his hat knocking him off-balance or something? Getting in the way of his sight?

And please, cool it with the "if [respected poster] or [respected poster] wrote this they wouldn't get the same response." The reason they're respected posters is because they don't waste everyone's time with this crap.

Archived