Pedro Strop's hat

OFFNY

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do people really think Pedro's hat is the cause of his problems? And blowing bubbles makes Jones drop fly balls? Do people really think that?

I don't think the hat is the problem. But he should wear his hat the right way. This isn't some ghetto in the dominican republic and I am sure his ghetto style is turning off potential fans to the game. He should have the right to have long hair and facial hair if he wants but he should wear the uniform correctly.

I don't think the hat is the problem. But he should wear his hat the right way. This isn't some ghetto in the dominican republic and I am sure his ghetto style is turning off potential fans to the game. He should have the right to have long hair and facial hair if he wants but he should wear the uniform correctly.

I think this might be the worst comment on the hat situation.

So are you against baggy pajama pants like David Ortiz wears? Should socks be high or is it OK to have them completely covered?

The NFL has become so strict with their uniform policies, its kind of refreshing to see a little variety in baseball. This is supposed to be fun after all.

So do you get on Brian Roberts for not wearing his stirrups and bottom of his pants the correct way? How about David Wells when he used to wear a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL jersey that often came untucked? Or Matt Wieters when he regularly wore a batting helmet for catching that didn't have the current, approved Oriole logo?

I always thought Strop wore his hat that way so that his pitching arm wouldn't knock it off his head when he's throwing.

Oh please. The only reason for Pedro to wear his hat straight is so that people like you can't do your old-man-fist-shake-get-off-my-lawn routine whenever he has a bad game. Instead of criticizing his game, now you have to criticize his game AND OH YEAH WEAR YOUR HAT STRAIGHT, SON.

:rolleyestf:

And I was just gonna let your "ghetto" comment slide, but it's a style thing not an economic/race/ethnicity thing. You sound bigoted when you make that conclusion and it should be pointed out. If wearing a hat crooked turns people like you off to the game, then good.

One of baseball's problems is that the demographic of the fanbase includes way more grumpy old men than most other sports. Those folks not only have views that turn off the next generation of fans, but they also won't be around real long to spend money on the game.

I can only imagine the Civil War vets who got turned off by Cap Anson playing a whole game wearing a fake beard in the mid 1890s. Talk about disrespecting the game's traditions.

Really? Who? 70yr old men who live on farms. If anything, it's attracting a younger audience.

I find all of this a bit hypocritical on the part of us, the fans, considering that thousands take part in the Garry Glitter "Hey, You suck!" chant. Talk about classless and turning people off to the game.

The NFL has become so strict with their uniform policies, its kind of refreshing to see a little variety in baseball. This is supposed to be fun after all.

The NFL's uniform is also integrated into this whole up-armored setup designed to minimize the chances 320 lb guys smashing headlong into each other at sprint speeds don't result in death. You start letting guys do whatever they want with what they wear and lawyers and trauma surgeons start putting deposits on new Ferraris.

Oh please. The only reason for Pedro to wear his hat straight is so that people like you can't do your old-man-fist-shake-get-off-my-lawn routine whenever he has a bad game. Instead of criticizing his game, now you have to criticize his game AND OH YEAH WEAR YOUR HAT STRAIGHT, SON.

:rolleyestf:

And I was just gonna let your "ghetto" comment slide, but the hat thing is about style and personal preference; it's not an economic/race/ethnicity thing. The game isn't in danger of turning into a scary "Dominican ghetto", so rest assured. You sound bigoted when you make that conclusion and it should be pointed out. If wearing a hat crooked turns people like you off to the game, then good.

I don't care about whether he pitches well or not the hat wearing thing is ghetto. And the closer from the Dominican team does the same ghetto hat wearing. The NBA makes play suits on the way to games. The NFL polices there players as well. Teams likes the Yankees have crazy no beard of long hair rules. Pedro can wear his hat the right way or he shouldn't be out there. Nothing about old man fist shake. Next he will be wearing his pants around his ankles. He is in uniform for the team. He should look he is a professional. Nothing bigoted about my comment. There are white people and latinos in the ghetto as well wearing their hats crooked.

I don't care about whether he pitches well or not the hat wearing thing is ghetto. And the closer from the Dominican team does the same ghetto hat wearing. The NBA makes play suits on the way to games. The NFL polices there players as well. Teams likes the Yankees have crazy no beard of long hair rules. Pedro can wear his hat the right way or he shouldn't be out there. Nothing about old man fist shake. Next he will be wearing his pants around his ankles. He is in uniform for the team. He should look he is a professional. Nothing bigoted about my comment. There are white people and latinos in the ghetto as well wearing their hats crooked.

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable as a Yankee fan, so your sensibilities won't be insulted.

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable as a Yankee fan, so your sensibilities won't be insulted.

No i think players should be able to have their hair the way want. But he should wear the uniform correctly. If he wants to play in the big leagues. Nothing about individuality at all. He just wants to look like a thug.

And people in wealthy communities wearing their hat crooked! Who the hell cares? They can wear their clothes any way they damn please. Who are you, the Gestapo? If MLB wants to crack down on stricter uniform regulations, then they will. I assure you, they won't allow guys to wear "pants around their ankles", but a hat a few degrees the right or left is fine, as it should be.

What is wrong about wearing pants down around your ankles? what are you the gestapo? Like the gestapo cared about how you dressed. Your analogy makes no sense.

As indicated by my vintage baseball cards, it is now confirmed that this horrid modern epidemic of "ghetto hat wearing" originated in the slums of the Dominican Republic. It's refreshing to know that this travesty did not originate with legions of turn-of-the-century baseball players including Hall of Famers Jim Bottomley, Frank Chance, Ernie Lombardi and others. They had FAR too much respect for the game and the big league dress code.

Next he will be wearing his pants around his ankles.

Ah yes, the old domino theory. If something is mildly off kilter and you can't get enough people mad about it, make sure you mention how the world will end when someone takes it 12,903 steps further.

Brian Roberts wears his pants cuffs over his shoes, therefore any day now Brian Roberts will be wearing only pants that fit Wilt Chamberlain and trail 3' behind him and the entire sport of baseball will be a mockery. Al Hrbrosky wore a really long beard, therefore someone will take that as a cue to dress up as a Sasquatch while pitching and baseball will be less popular than croquet.

Archived