Tommy Hunter Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's looking good now that he's mixing up his pitches and not throwing fastballs the entire time.

If he throws his curveball more...I think he can be pretty effective.

Hunter was a rare positive in last nights game.

He showed his curveball is effective and even put a few decent changeups in there.

His fastball had at least a little movement on it.

This is how he needs to pitch. Glad to see the adjustment has been made.

He's looking good now that he's mixing up his pitches and not throwing fastballs the entire time.

If he throws his curveball more...I think he can be pretty effective.

Uh, you think that might be a good strategy with not just Hunter but all of our pitchers?

Yes, it's much easier to get hitters out when you are not throwing multiple FBs to ML hitters.

Well, people were comparing him to Gregg. Even though it wasn't high leverage, I don't remember Gregg coming in with a lead to pitch three scoreless innings for a save. Heck, when he was the closer it was a stretch to get him to throw one without giving me a freaking heart attack and earn a save. :rolleyes:

Tommy won't be the mop up guy. In fact I don't think we have one unless Strop is going into the tank with his command. :slytf:

Well, people were comparing him to Gregg. Even though it wasn't high leverage, I don't remember Gregg coming in with a lead to pitch three scoreless innings for a save. Heck, when he was the closer it was a stretch to get him to throw one without giving me a freaking heart attack and earn a save. :rolleyes:

Tommy won't be the mop up guy. In fact I don't think we have one unless Strop is going into the tank with his command. :slytf:

Kevin Gregg was never a starter so 3 innings was probably never an option even in mop up situations. He did, however, have three 2 inning outings of scoreless efforts (including the miraculous Chris Davis game on May 6th)

Archived