TOMMY HUNTER O (vs. MARINERS, 4/30)

IP:. 1 *

H:o 1

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 0

Pitches: 6 (4 Strikes, 2 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.98

* Hunter entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess, but I was disappointed with the walk. Wanted to see Trumbo versus TH 98 mph fastball.

That's where we differ.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=26714701&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

That's 7 consecutive scoreless outings for Tommy Hunter.

These 6, plus today:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/29198/tommy-hunter

TOMMY HUNTER O (vs. ANGELS, 5/04)

IP:. 1 O(WIN)

H:o 1

R:O 0

BB: 1

SO: 0

Pitches: 24 (14 Strikes, 10 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.84

And the one "hit" was gifted by the umpire who robbed Hunter of a called third strike so obvious that both Snyder, the catcher, and Hunter were both headed off the field.

Ridiculous.

I guess, but I was disappointed with the walk. Wanted to see Trumbo versus TH 98 mph fastball.

I was glad he didn't give up a HR to Trumbo, who is hot, but he did blow one by him at 97mph. I wanted to see him K on one of those big benders he's been throwing lately.

Tommy's been very good since he started mixing his pitches. I'd take him in just about any situation right now. As long as it's in the BP.

Tommy's stuff really becomes electric out of the pen. I really can't recall a pitcher having this big a jump in raw stuff when shifting to the pen. I think you may be seeing Hunter transition into the role Strop had for us most of last season.

Archived