Jake Arrieta - so frustrating to watch this guy pitch. Talented, but erratic. Will he ever put it to

BamaOsFan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all due respect, why do you and others act like people are reacting just to one start? Personally, I did not like Jake being given this spot in the first place. I'd like to see him go down and show some consistent success in the minors, a la Tillman last year. No one is basing anything off of one start, it's just that that one start showed the same issues he's had throughout his young career.

And I don't think anyone is saying he'll never succeed, just that many of us have serious doubts. I certainly hope I'm wrong. He seems like a great guy, and the potential is obviously there. Hopefully his next start is better.

Confirmation bias. You think Jake is terrible. Jake has a bad start. Therefore, you now know you were right.

Obviously Buck and management thinks Jake is not the guy who had the 6+ ERA last year or they wouldn't have put him in the rotation. They're starting from a different set of assumptions than you are.

Archived