T.J. McFarland Today, 2013

OFFNY

Other than that he is left handed and breathing, do we really need him back? Maybe if Matsuz is gone? Nothing against TJ, just want the spot open......

I like TJ. He can get LHB's and RHB's out and keep the ball on the ground and throw strikes. I

thought he did fine for a back end reliever this year. I think he could have been used a little better, but nothing major. He will be an optionable asset for the next three years and could provide us some decent value imo.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like TJ. He can get LHB's and RHB's out and keep the ball on the ground and throw strikes. I

thought he did fine for a back end reliever this year. I think he could have been used a little better, but nothing major. He will be an optionable asset for the next three years and could provide us some decent value imo.

Good points and sorta the answers to my questions (didn't consider the cost controlled years).....just was hoping he would be more after using the spot on him, but I guess it worked out with Flaherty. I do hope they stay out of the rule 5 this off-season.....

Archived