Ryan Flaherty has to go.

Greg

I guess this is where we disagree. 11 AB's might be insignificant to you. But to me, when you strike out 7 times in 11 AB's, you aren't seeing the ball well or something's wrong mechanically.

I see his start to the season as being connected to those 11 AB's. You don't?

I have no idea.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fully agree that Flaherty would be better spending some time at AAA. He is only on the team because of injuries and the fact the Casilla isn't much of a hitter. Flaherty's minor league numbers seem to indicate that he may be a decent OBP guy in time. And he has shown power in the majors at times.

I don't necessarily think the Orioles are better off with Flaherty in AAA, and that's what matters.

Guest rochester

He just looks totally overmatched right now. Whether that means he should be sent to AAA, the bench, or let him ride it out I am not sure, but it looks like the ball is the size of a pea at 100MPH to him right now.

A HR ties it, Nolan has a chance to get into one, he has to bat for RF there. Left/Right my ass, Flaherty isn't a guy you can leave up in that situation. There is no situation where Flaherty is a better option than ... well.. anyone. He's organization filler. You don't leave the game on the line for Ryan Flaherty, he cant hit.

A HR ties it, Nolan has a chance to get into one, he has to bat for RF there. Left/Right my ass, Flaherty isn't a guy you can leave up in that situation. There is no situation where Flaherty is a better option than ... well.. anyone. He's organization filler. You don't leave the game on the line for Ryan Flaherty, he cant hit.

You do realize he is his hurt? If he was healthy he would of been playing not Pearce.

Remember when we thought losing Betemit was no big deal? Ha.

I don't know why people on here thought that he destroys right handed pitching. I think the club needs to reorganize its bench. Having a 3 man bench is not enough. Putting Mclouth in left field everyday was not the plan. Pearce isn't going to cut it.

Archived