Freddy Garcia Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the Garcia hate. It cracks me up. People were ready to forfeit the game because he was starting. Funny stuff.

Buck seems to agree that he's not very good since he took him out after only 66 pitches. He can have some nice performances, but he's not good. I'm not saying we have better options at the moment (save for Gausman), but that doesn't mean he's a ML starter.

Buck seems to agree that he's not very good since he took him out after only 66 pitches. He can have some nice performances, but he's not good. I'm not saying we have better options at the moment (save for Gausman), but that doesn't mean he's a ML starter.

This is it exactly. It's not hate for the guy it's just the reality of the situation. You don't think Buck would run him out there in a tie game and save his pen if he thought he could have success through the lineup again? Sure he would. He doesn't. Simple.

I'm still confused that Garcia was taken out after the 6th. My first assumption was that he was injured.

He had 50 pitches through five innings -- 66 pitches through six innings. Three hits (two homers, I know) but why would you yank him??? That's probably the most efficient start we've had all year.

I dunno, I'm still confused. Can someone explain the reasoning behind taking Garcia out of the game after 66 pitches?

I'm still confused that Garcia was taken out after the 6th. My first assumption was that he was injured.

He had 50 pitches through five innings -- 66 pitches through six innings. Three hits (two homers, I know) but why would you yank him??? That's probably the most efficient start we've had all year.

I dunno, I'm still confused. Can someone explain the reasoning behind taking Garcia out of the game after 66 pitches?

I think they don't want batters to see him a 3rd - 4th time through the lineup.

Because he's horrible and was incredibly lucky to make it as far as he did.

Two quality starts in four outings. Out pitched Samathia last night. Has trouble giving up homers. That is good enough to be a 5th starter. We will see him in five days, starting again. I expect Arrieta to be sent down today to make room for Gonzalez.

Garcia looked very shaky in the 6th. He walked two batters in a row, then he gave up a 500-mile drive to Hafner that fortunately went foul (I think it still landed on Eutaw Street). Even the double-play ball that Hafner hit was absolutely smashed, knocking Casilla off his feet when he fielded it.

Buck's leash with Garcia was long enough. Maybe even too long. If anything, I would've replaced him with a lefty before Hafner batted.

2 earned runs, 0 walks, and a good strikes-to-balls ratio.

I'm glad that the offense helped him out.

FREDDY GARCIA O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/25)

IP:. 5

H:o 9

R:O 3

ER:)2

BB: 0

SO: 1

Pitches: 103 (72 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.61

2 earned runs, 0 walks, and a good strikes-to-balls ratio.

I'm glad that the offense helped him out.

FREDDY GARCIA O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/25)

IP:. 5

H:o 9

R:O 3

ER:)2

BB: 0

SO: 1

Pitches: 103 (72 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.61

Glad the team one and he was the winning pitcher.

Archived