Where's EdRod?

Frobby

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, but he sure didn't mention that they'd been trying to do the same things.

True, but of course, what player is going to admit to finally waking up and realize what somebody is telling you is right? :)

We will probably never know the reason, E-Rod didnt make the progression and fare better in the Oriole system.

However, it should be noted, he would be far from the first prospect to do better with a change of scenery and different set of coaches/system.

I don't think there is an MVP of the ALDS, but if there was, Andrew Miller would have a strong case. There's no way the O's sweep the Tigers w/o Miller. The way he shut down the middle of Detroit's lineup in game was crucial to winning that game. I can't believe some posters think that the O's could have acquired Miller for some marginal prospects. Imagine Detroit being able to bring in Miller to face the heart of the O's order. I hope Ed Rod doesn't become an above average starter for Boston, but its much more likely he'll be Brad Bergeson or Josh Towers than Kershaw or Koufax.

I don't think there is an MVP of the ALDS, but if there was, Andrew Miller would have a strong case. There's no way the O's sweep the Tigers w/o Miller. The way he shut down the middle of Detroit's lineup in game was crucial to winning that game. I can't believe some posters think that the O's could have acquired Miller for some marginal prospects. Imagine Detroit being able to bring in Miller to face the heart of the O's order. I hope Ed Rod doesn't become an above average starter for Boston, but its much more likely he'll be Brad Bergeson or Josh Towers than Kershaw or Koufax.

I agree E-Rod is not marginal prospect, nor as some other posters have tried to claim, was he a sure-fire top notch blue chip prospect. Both side of this evaluation is flawed.

E-Rod is a good prospect, or Boston would not have parted ways with Miller.

I agree E-Rod is not marginal prospect, nor as some other posters have tried to claim, was he a sure-fire top notch blue chip prospect. Both side of this evaluation is flawed.

E-Rod is a good prospect, or Boston would not have parted ways with Miller.

It's also worth noting that some people got too down on him based on this year alone. He was battling all kinds of issues and ended up having some very nice, but inconsistent, starts for Bowie this year. He was always the same guy he was last year. That's a nice prospect. Just not elite.

Archived