Where's EdRod?

Frobby

Another very good start yesterday: 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K's. One impressive thing about EdRod is he's getting deep into games. In 9 starts, he's gone 6+ 8 times, ands he's gone 7 innings 5 times (including the last 3 in a row). In his last five starts he's thrown 34 IP to a 2.38 ERA.

I'll be interested to see if the O's have EdRod spend the entire year at Frederick, or if he gets moved to Bowie at some point.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AA is the proving ground.

Well, it is, but the O's have been pretty patient with young pitching prospects at Frederick. Arrieta, Britton, and D. Hernandez all pitched a full year there, and B. Bundy almost did. EdRod's only 20 so I doubt the O's will be in a big rush to promote him.

• 2 weeks later...
Tony needs to get his butt out to Frederick and get us an updated scouting report on this kid.

Yes, Tony does need to see him again. If he stays on schedule, he should pitch the Saturday after next on June 15th. If that happens I'll be there.

Yes, Tony does need to see him again. If he stays on schedule, he should pitch the Saturday after next on June 15th. If that happens I'll be there.

Hmmmm, maybe I will join you. The last Keys game I saw was when Wieters was playing there.

• 3 weeks later...

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ O (vs. Advanced-A Carolina, 6/25)

IP:. 7

H:o 3

R:O 1

BB: 2

SO: 3

Pitches: 98 (60 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.85 (Advanced-A Frederick)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls)

23 (16 Strikes, 7 Balls)

16 (81 Strikes, 8 Balls)

91 (51 Strikes, 4 Balls)

71 (51 Strikes, 2 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

Now at AA Bowie, well done Eduardo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Baysox roster moves for today: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez transferred to Bowie, C Brian Ward placed on DL</p>— Bowie Baysox (@BowieBaysox) <a href="

">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived