Where's EdRod?

Frobby

6 shutout innings.

Rodriguez has now given up 1 run over his last 4 outings (25 innings), for an E.R.A. of 0.36.

In that same span, he has a W.H.I.P. of 0.760.

Also in that span, he has lowered his overall E.R.A. at AA-Bowie by almost 3 full runs, from 7.01 to 4.22.

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ O (vs. AA-Erie, 8/31)

IP:. 6

H:o 5

R:O 0

BB: 1

SO: 6

Pitches: 92 (58 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.22 (AA-Bowie)

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

23 (14 Strikes, 9 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

21 (12 Strikes, 9 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 3 Balls)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EdRod finished with another great outing: 6 IP 5 H 0 R 1 BB 6 K's. His final AA ERA was 4.22, but way better than that as his time at Bowie progressed. Great season for him, I'd have to put him above Harvey as our no. 3 prospect behind Bundy and Gausman.

EdRod finished with another great outing: 6 IP 5 H 0 R 1 BB 6 K's. His final AA ERA was 4.22, but way better than that as his time at Bowie progressed. Great season for him, I'd have to put him above Harvey as our no. 3 prospect behind Bundy and Gausman.

Yeah, I'd put him over Harvey pretty comfortably, as he's done it at a high level now and is only 2 years older than Harvey. If things go almost perfectly for Harvey, he'll be in EdRod's position in 2 years.

I think an argument could be made for putting EdRod over Bundy. It all depends on how much you discount Dylan due to TJ surgery. EdRod could be in BAL before Bundy. End of the day, I'd put Bundy at #2, but it's close.

• 4 months later...

I'm really excited about this kid. He's only 20 years-old (he'll be 21 in April), and he pitched very well in his final 4 starts at AA-Bowie.

I hope that he can pick up where he left off at AA-Bowie to start the 2014 season, then see if he can continue to pitch well at the AAA level in Norfolk before we even think about promoting his to the Orioles.

I'm really excited about this kid. He's only 20 years-old (he'll be 21 in April), and he pitched very well in his final 4 starts at AA-Bowie.

I hope that he can pick up where he left off at AA-Bowie to start the 2014 season, then see if he can continue to pitch well at the AAA level in Norfolk before we even think about promoting his to the Orioles.

No need to rush him to Baltimore, though I do think it's possible the O's will jump him to Norfolk this April, rather than having him throw a few more months at Bowie. His AFL experience will count for something there. I'm pretty neutral about that, it just depends on how EdRod is throwing this spring.

Sure looks like things are pointing to ERod starting out at Bowie, especially if the Orioles sign another starter. Right now, these pitchers stand a good chance of starting in Norfolks rotation.

1. Gausman

2. Wright

3. McFarland

4. Liam Hendriks

5. Gamboa

6. Steve Johnson

7. Nick Additon (21 starts in AAA last year)

Other than Gausman, there is nobody on that list whose starting assignments at AAA are more important than EdRod's development. If they think he's ready, Liam Hendricks isn't a reason to keep him at AA.

That said, I think he'll start at Bowie.

I tend to be a little more in the "go slow" camp, since not only do we have a lot of candidates for Norfolk's rotation, there are at least a few of them that are likely to be promoted to Baltimore before EdRod in any event. My preference would be for EdRod to begin the year in Bowie and be promoted to Norfolk around June 1 if he is getting excellent results in AA.

• 4 months later...

o

Rodriguez' 1st game back from injury.

15 OUTS: 8 Groundouts, 2 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Flyout

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ O (vs. AA-Erie, 5/22)

IP:. 5

H:o 2

R:O 1

BB: 2

SO: 2

Pitches: 80 (51 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2014 ERA: 5.57 (AA-Bowie)

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 3 Balls)

22 (14 Strikes, 8 Balls)

20 (11 Strikes, 9 Balls)

o

7-inning game.

5 goose-eggs, and then 1 run in the 6th.

17 OUTS: 5 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Popout

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ O (vs. AA-Akron, 5/28)

IP:. 5.67 *

H:o 3 (3 Singles)

R:O 1

BB: 2

SO: 5

Pitches: 88 (60 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.73 (AA-Bowie)

* 7-Inning Game

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (11 Strikes, 0 Balls)

22 (16 Strikes, 6 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 7 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls) **

** Rodriguez recorded 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Glad to see EdRod performing well since his return from the DL. I think his slow start plus the injury short-circuited any notion that he'd be in Norfolk by the all-star break and maybe in Baltimore by August. At this point I see him staying at Bowie for at least two more months, and he'll have to be dominant during that period to have a shot at a promotion.

o

9 OUTS: 4 Strikeouts, 3 Popouts, 2 Flyouts

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ O (vs. AA-New Hampshire, 6/03)

IP:. 3

H:o 8 (1 Triple, 2 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:O 6

BB: 1

SO: 4

Pitches: 65 (41 Strikes, 24 Balls)

2014 ERA: 6.07 (AA-Bowie)

* 7-Inning Game

PITCHES BY INNING

18 (11 Strikes, 71 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 31 Balls)

36 (22 Strikes, 14 Balls)