Brawl in Dodgers/Padres Game: Greinke injured

Dipper9

Uh...if it's a 1-run game in the 7th with nobody out, I would call him an idiot. There'd be no reason to believe it was on purpose, and he'd be risking injury and ensuring a suspension. I'd be pretty pissed at Nick.
CC ended his season last year and caused him to miss the playoffs. If he gets hit by CC again and charges the mound, I would not be pissed at Nick. He's human and people have emotions and I can see how he might be frustrated and angry there. I don't think he'd do it, though, or that it'd be the wise thing to do, heh.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple thoughts on this...

First, Vin Scully is amazing. I was cracking up while he described Matt Kemp's reaction. "'That is fertilizer!' Kemp says. 'Don't touch me! That is fertilizer!'"

Second, I broke my collarbone once and while 3 months does seem like a long time, I think I can believe that time-table. I had a sling for just under 6 weeks and then it took me a while to build up the strength in that arm again. Until you break it, you don't realize how much your collarbone rotates when you raise your arm. Even though it's not his pitching arm, he still has to generate a lot of torque through that shoulder, so I can see 6 weeks plus another month for rehab before he comes back. Plus they'll be careful with him. Tough break. I'm going to the SD-LA game on Monday and it should be pretty interesting. I don't know if anything will happen on Jackie Robinson Day down there, but maybe later in the series.

Hockey stopped bench clearing brawls with a simple rules change. If baseball wanted to they could, too. 30 or 40 game suspension for charging the mound, similar for leaving the dugout, and the manager gets suspended for 20 games, too. And suddenly there's no problem any more.

I obviously don't like seeing people get hurt, but these things are fun I don't want to see them gone haha.

For those saying he shouldn't have charged the mound, I wonder what your opinion would be if CC hits Markakis tonight and Markakis charged C.C. Sabathia

Thankfully, Markakis is not that stupid, so your supposition is only hypothetical.

And yes, hypothetically, Markakis would be stupid if he were actually that stupid.

Hockey stopped bench clearing brawls with a simple rules change. If baseball wanted to they could, too. 30 or 40 game suspension for charging the mound, similar for leaving the dugout, and the manager gets suspended for 20 games, too. And suddenly there's no problem any more.

I think that baseball has to address this issue. If the hitter charges the mound he should have an automatic 10 game suspension. Conversely, the same penalty should apply to a pitcher if the umpire ejects a pitcher for intentionally throwing at a hitter.

Archived