We made Kuroda an ace

MemorialStadKid

We should have won the two Adam Jones error games, and the Chris Davis error in the 9th game.

Well, we were winning the sun dropped ball by Adam Jones game (Twins), but the Yankees game was a tie game...so no guarantee there. Same goes for the Chris Davis screwup, it was a tie game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will not get into the typical rants I've done in the past.

I will only say this: we do need a true MOO bat in order to get past guys we should have beaten.

Kuroda is solid, very solid, but we could have done a lot more than we did tonight. I am tired of watching the Orioles lose when we could have somehow scratched out a win with more patient at-bats and some small ball here and there.

Really, we should be like 9-3.

MSK

Dude, Chris Davis is as good a MOO bat as we could have gotten. We WOULD be 9-3 were it not for a slew of fielding misplays. Take those away, and are you still bringing this up? The Angels went out and broke the bank for Albert Pujols last year and Josh Hamilton this year. Two of the best MOO bats you cold possible ask for, and what is their record again?

Sometimes you have to give credit where it's due. If he has an off game,Kuroda is hittable. But if he's on like he was tonight,the game is over with just a couple of runs.

And as nice as homeruns are,a lot of pitchers aren't like flyball Phil Hughes. Patience at the plate is a must.

Kuroda is an ace.

2010 Dodgers: 3.39 ERA, 196.1 IP, 4.1 WAR

2011 Dodgers: 3.07 ERA, 202 IP, 2.1 WAR

2012 Yankees: 3.32 ERA, 219.2 IP, 3.7 WAR

A career 3.44 ERA, 15.2 WAR in 5 seasons (averaging about 3 WAR A year). He was a guy I really hoped the O's would have went after in 2012 and again in 2013. Rock solid work horse with an arsenal of pitches, and great command.

We must have faced him about 10 times a year to turn him into that great of a pitcher! Wow!

Kuroda is a good pitcher. Sometimes teams get shut out.

Man, one good season and the sense of entitlement around here is almost at Yankee-fan level proportions.

I know what you mean. Kuroda was razor sharp last night. It happens.

Kuroda looked great. Everything low. Great fastball movement. Location perfect.

Our hitters were overly aggressive for first 5 innings. Bad plan.

I agree with this Puck! In addition is was definitely a pitchers zone on a cold night. I saw many pitchers that looked low called for strikes. That favored Kuroda and Also helped Chen who only had 1 bad inning.

Dude, Chris Davis is as good a MOO bat as we could have gotten. We WOULD be 9-3 were it not for a slew of fielding misplays. Take those away, and are you still bringing this up? The Angels went out and broke the bank for Albert Pujols last year and Josh Hamilton this year. Two of the best MOO bats you cold possible ask for, and what is their record again?

Enough of this 9-3 BS, maybe one game but tie games do not count as games we WOULD have won.

Sloppy baseball is sloppy baseball no more excuses.

You just have to tip your hat to Kuroda last night. He kept his pitch-count down because he threw strike after strike. It was either try to attack him early or get down in the count. I can count on one hand the amount of pitches that were thigh-high or above. It was incredibly frustrating to watch but from an objective point of view that was pitching at its finest. It also proves you don't have to throw 95 to be dominant.

You just have to tip your hat to Kuroda last night. He kept his pitch-count down because he threw strike after strike. It was either try to attack him early or get down in the count. I can count on one hand the amount of pitches that were thigh-high or above. It was incredibly frustrating to watch but from an objective point of view that was pitching at its finest. It also proves you don't have to throw 95 to be dominant.

This. Sometimes the other guy is just on his game and Kuroda was on his game last night. Saying that, we have some lineup issues so far this season.

I didn't hear any post game interviews last night, but this was a game where you truly "tip your cap" to the opposing pitcher and move on.

I'm tiring of Showalter sugar coating everything. His comment on Chen's performance was ridiculous:

"He pitched real well, gave us a chance to win," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "We just weren't able to score any runs. With very few exceptions, he was just as good as Kuroda.

Ummmm....No he wasn't, Buck.

On average, over 6 innings Chen threw 15 pitches per inning while Kuroda over 9 innings averaged 12 per. Kuroda induced 18 ground balls. That's impressive.

No doubt ..... But as I said previously it was a pitchers strike zone with the pitch below the knees being a strike.

Archived