We need a spark

Flacco Machado

I miss me some Oriole Magic! I know it's early, but this team constructed as it is now, does not get me excited. I hope by the summer, we've got guys like Schoop, Hoes, Gausman, and Bundy making their debuts for the O's because of outstanding minor league seasons. Maybe, that, coupled with a trade for a big bat at the deadline, a shakeup of the rotation, and the return of Roberts can get things going.

Do we have some "playoff hangover"? Has the hunger or chip on our shoulders faded a bit? Who knows. Just some thoughts going through my head.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I miss me some Oriole Magic! I know it's early, but this team constructed as it is now, does not get me excited. I hope by the summer, we've got guys like Schoop, Hoes, Gausman, and Bundy making their debuts for the O's because of outstanding minor league seasons. Maybe, that, coupled with a trade for a big bat at the deadline, a shakeup of the rotation, and the return of Roberts can get things going.

Do we have some "playoff hangover"? Has the hunger or chip on our shoulders faded a bit? Who knows. Just some thoughts going through my head.

I kinda hope we don't see any of those guys prior to Sept (well maybe Schoop) as my guess is that they will only be up due to failures on the ML team.

We need Betemit at DH instead of Reimold, Roberts at 2B instead of Flaherty/ Casilla, and Jurrjens at #5 SP instead of Arrieta. I am beginning to accept the fact that we will be lucky to be .500 this season. CLE, KC, SEA, BOS, MIN, TOR aren't pushovers this year.

I kinda hope we don't see any of those guys prior to Sept (well maybe Schoop) as my guess is that they will only be up due to failures on the ML team.

I think by June we may see a platoon of Schoop and Roberts at 2nd base. I could see Gausman and Bundy in the rotation, at some point. Maybe, not at the same time, at first.

I think by June we may see a platoon of Schoop and Roberts at 2nd base. I could see Gausman and Bundy in the rotation, at some point. Maybe, not at the same time, at first.

Gausman sure does not look ready and Bundy hasn't thrown a pitch since spring training.

We need Betemit at DH instead of Reimold, Roberts at 2B instead of Flaherty/ Casilla, and Jurrjens at #5 SP instead of Arrieta. I am beginning to accept the fact that we will be lucky to be .500 this season. CLE, KC, SEA, BOS, MIN, TOR aren't pushovers this year.

Completely forgot about Jurrjens. Need to throw Zach Britton in the mix too. Something tells me he could be used as trade bait for Morneau, or someone of that ilk.

You have to let Tillman struggle for a long time because he is out of options. Jurrjens, Britton, Garcia, and Wada, are all ahead of Bundy and Gausman in the replacement line. If we go through all these guys and still need someone, we will be in such bad shape we might as well leave them in the MiL until next year.

Betemit can't hit lefties, are you suggesting he should DH against LHP? If not, then he doesn't replace Reimold.

Way too early for feeling like that isn't it? Geez it is mid April.

I think we are drawing closer to seeing Canzler as the O's full time DH until Betemit returns.

The starters will get better with a little more routine that this home stand should provide.

Reimold is out of options. I think the O's stick with him rather then just sit him on the bench to rot.

Archived