We need a spark

Flacco Machado

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we just need a starter to actually dominate and we need a laugher. One game where we score and score and score and the game is way out of reach by the fifth inning. All these pressure games is draining on me as a fan and you have to think on the team even more.

Completely forgot about Jurrjens. Need to throw Zach Britton in the mix too. Something tells me he could be used as trade bait for Morneau, or someone of that ilk.

Britton / Jurrjens / Steve Johnson... we have other options for when / if Arrieta and Tillman need to be removed.

Also Don't sleep on Stinson. ;)

Gausman and Bundy will be held down in the minors for most of this season. Most likely September callups just to get a feel for the show. Depending on how they develop this season will determine where they will be in 2014.

I think we just need a starter to actually dominate and we need a laugher. One game where we score and score and score and the game is way out of reach by the fifth inning. All these pressure games is draining on me as a fan and you have to think on the team even more.

This would be nice.

Actually, don't sleep on Eddie Gamboa. He might be nothing but his first two starts for Bowie were very interesting. He goes again tonight. This "knuckleballer" might be a dark horse somewhere down the road.

I don't buy into the knuckleball, never will. It may work out nice for him in the minors. Devin Jones is a better option than him.

You have to let Tillman struggle for a long time because he is out of options. Jurrjens, Britton, Garcia, and Wada, are all ahead of Bundy and Gausman in the replacement line. If we go through all these guys and still need someone, we will be in such bad shape we might as well leave them in the MiL until next year.

Exactly. I'd say that Tillman has until at least July. Buck and DD are not going to let him be put on waivers. If anything they move him to bullpen, but he is going to get EVERY opportunity to succeed as a starter this year. Arrieta's leash is much shorter I'd think.

The 2013 Boston Red Sox remind me of the 2012 Baltimore Orioles. They have that eye of the tiger look. They really remind me of our team, last year. Same situation. Coming off a 90+ loss season and relishing the underdog role.

It may not be time to panic, but, as other said, players need to start performing.

Way too early for feeling like that isn't it? Geez it is mid April.
Just don't see the talent to be much better than .500. We can't afford to carry 3 bad bats at the back of the order and two struggling SP when we have no ace. Maybe we can work a trade to get some help but I doubt it. Maybe a trade for Morneau to DH, but the Twins are playing well enough they may want to hold on to him.

If Schoop tears it up in AAA, he could really give us a boost. He played well in the WBC, remember.

But that's quite a leap of faith, seeing how he is hitting .149 right now in AAA. I like him a lot and I think he has a bright future, but I doubt we see him before September, and I think it is highly unlikely that he is in a platoon with Roberts in June as you state earlier.

But that's quite a leap of faith, seeing how he is hitting .149 right now in AAA. I like him a lot and I think he has a bright future, but I doubt we see him before September, and I think it is highly unlikely that he is in a platoon with Roberts in June as you state earlier.

It is, I know. But, who would have ever thought that Manny would have been called up as early as he was, last year?

Archived