Arrieta's postgame comment

refjaf55

Looks like our old friend Nick Johnson even finds Arrieta's comment funny... It is disconcerting when one of his own (former) teammates is laughing at him... or maybe i am just reading too much into a dumb twitter conversation, nevertheless, i still find it interesting.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 3h

Arrieta: "I'm so close to being so good and everybody knows it. And that's what's frustrating." #orioles

Nick Johnson ‏@sexyfeet24 41m

@masnRoch u make me laugh.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 36m

@sexyfeet24 what did I do? What did I do?

Nick Johnson ‏@sexyfeet24 19m

@masnRoch there's no way he said that quote u put out. I hope you miss quoted that. Holy smokes

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 17m

@sexyfeet24 Nope. Was one of the best postgame interviews ever. Give him credit for not sugar coating.

Nick Johnson ‏@sexyfeet24 11m

@masnRoch lol

https://twitter.com/masnRoch

https://twitter.com/sexyfeet24

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know how to comment on that.

Arrieta needs to step it up immediately if he wants to stick on this team. The guy's stuff is just filthy, but if you don't know where it's going, it's absolutely useless.

If he is pitching for the Orioles next season, I would be flabbergasted.

Yes, Nuke Laloosh thought he was good too. Jake: "give him the heat and announce my presence with authority." Every time I hear about his filthy, great stuff, I am reminded of this scene from Bull Durham:

Joe Reardon: He walked 18.

Larry: New league record!

Joe Reardon: Struck out 18.

Larry: Another new league record! In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice...

[Joe laughs]

Larry: Also new league records! But, Joe, this guy's got some serious stuff."

I had to work and I don't know who judges the nasty factor on mlb.com/gameday but he had a lot bunch of pitches in the upper 90's on that scale. I have never seen that happen before so someone thinks he has good stuff.

I had to work and I don't know who judges the nasty factor on mlb.com/gameday but he had a lot bunch of pitches in the upper 90's on that scale. I have never seen that happen before so someone thinks he has good stuff.

I'd agree with this. Watching the game, there were certainly several pitches that inspired a "wow" type reaction from me.

Archived